I need help...bad

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
my phone just decided to crash out on me...the screen stays black but when i press the button on top of the phone the buttons on the bottom light up both the screen stays black...

i pulled the battery and put it back in and it stays on the white screen and never does anything...I've gone in to nandroids and tried to restore an old point and it freezes...i've tried wiping the phone and it freezes...

I know my memory card is pretty full so i didn't know if that had anything to do with it so i tried to delete some stuff off of it so i went to the partition sd card and mounted the drive and when i try and delete something off the card my computer freezes then my phone freezes...i mean i just dunno what to do here

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I know my memory card is pretty full so i didn't know if that had anything to do with it so i tried to delete some stuff off of it so i went to the partition sd card and mounted the drive and when i try and delete something off the card my computer freezes then my phone freezes...i mean i just dunno what to do here

is it possible for you to remove the SD card using an adaptor mount it directly to the computer. Save all the data on it. then reformat the card on the phone. i dont know if that would help the problem but if you suspect it has to do with the card this would eliminate this as an issue.

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Try flashing a new rom?

when i try flashing a new rom it does the same thing...just freezes up...I'm going to see if i can fix it today since now i'm at my big computer
is it possible for you to remove the SD card using an adaptor mount it directly to the computer. Save all the data on it. then reformat the card on the phone. i dont know if that would help the problem but if you suspect it has to do with the card this would eliminate this as an issue.
thanks for the tip

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
so I got to hboot and I just hit the update that was on there...that got home phone to some what boot up but it changed from VaelPak to i guess a stock Sense Rom...but even with that it wouldn't fully boot up and i can't access the SD card from the phone...i plug the phone up to my computer via the usb cord and i am able to get the root of the SD card but it won't let me add/remove/move any files to/from the card...rather upset about all this...

so i open a cmd prompt and i type "adb reboot recovery" and i was able to get to here
evo-4g-stock-recovery.jpg

then I used the recovery-windows.bat file from when i rooted the phone before...i went in and was able to wipe the phone no problem...so then i figure I'll load a ROM from my phone so i select the VaelPak 2.3 that's on there since that seems to be the only ROM i have on my SD card right now i can access...for the record i can't access any of my back ups to restore on it...and my phone freezes right here
63495_471082178044_504033044_5859193_5065882_n.jpg

"Writing BOOT:..."

won't go anywhere...it's been sitting here for like 20 mins now...:mad:

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
So...I took out my full 16gb memory card and put back in the 8gb card that came with the first evo i had...went to hboot and did the update again...rebooted the phone and now i'm back to the stock, unrooted 2.1-update1...

now, lets see what i can do from here...

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
explain to me how i can keep flashing custom ROM's on my phone using my recovery-windows.bat file from my computer but nandroid won't work?! i downloaded and installed rom manager and flashed clockwork and it said it was complete then i ran simpleroot and still nothing...confused

i had the stock 2.1 then i went to 2.3 from there i went to RvU_1.3.1 and now i'm on VaelPak 1.0...wtf

i tried this
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...vo-install-clockwork-recovery.html#post166000

nothing worked...

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You don't put an ruu on your sd card, its a program ran from your pc. Look on the unrooting sticky. Run the 2.1 ruu, root using simple root, hit extras in simple root and it gives you the option to flash clockwork or ra. Flash one after you do the rooting and your phone is still hooked up.

May seem crazy, but im just trying to eliminate possible causes.

Reactions: TehMan

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
You don't put an ruu on your sd card, its a program ran from your pc. Look on the unrooting sticky. Run the 2.1 ruu, root using simple root, hit extras in simple root and it gives you the option to flash clockwork or ra. Flash one after you do the rooting and your phone is still hooked up.

May seem crazy, but im just trying to eliminate possible causes.

i didn't mean the ruu...i meant a 2.1 OS...lol...about to try this

oh, now i can't get any of the ROM's to run on my phone...

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
and now when i turn it on it says "removed sd card." then "SD card removed. Insert a new one" I've tried 3 different sd cards and have gotten the same thing...and if i plug it up to my computer it doesn't detect it at all...wtf

Last edited:

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
no idea...i downloaded the terminal emulator but it force closes and won't open...i think i fixed the sd card/usb problem so i'm going to see what i can do from here

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
no idea...i downloaded the terminal emulator but it force closes and won't open...i think i fixed the sd card/usb problem so i'm going to see what i can do from here

correction...SD card problem fixed...but the usb port still isn't working unless i'm in fastboot...

while in fastboot i opened a command prompt in the SDK folder and typed

fastboot oem boot

In the log i had the line that said "INFOCID is SPCS_001" so that should have worked...but it didn't...urgh!!!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so you can boot into fastboot. Great, now run the ruu and return your evo if we cant fix it lol

Although accepting the latest ota once you're on 2.1 might fix your usb issue. Its worked for others.

Reactions: TehMan