***EDIT***

(First off I'd like to note that I've had my new Evo for a whopping 3 days now...So I'm pretty new to Android.)

Hi, attempted to root my phone today after installing the update that came out:

HTC Evo 4G getting an update, adds NOVA demo game, Swype | Android Central

I used the newest version of unrevoked, followed a guide that said it was the latest version, and after it said it should be finished (phone rebooting for the second time) my phone came back up, had a swirling arrow icon up on the notification bar and froze for the better part of 5 minutes before saying HTC sense needed to be force closed. I told it to do so and once the phone started responding again I rebooted once more and now my main weather/clock widget just displays the time and city, never the weather forecast and or temperature. Did I bork it? I haven't done a Nandroid backup and really don't mind if I have to reinstall, how do I go back to factory? Did I break something?
    12-15-2010 04:36 PM
    The HTC weather widget is a little wonky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Mine stopped working this afternoon as well. It always comes back though.
    TheTolsonator likes this.
    12-15-2010 04:41 PM
    I installed the ROM Manager trying to unroot the phone, and it came up saying that I had to be rooted to run it....so I'm assuming I failed to root it with a 1-click root app? Cripes I'm lame.
    12-15-2010 04:46 PM
    ***EDIT***

(First off I'd like to note that I've had my new Evo for a whopping 3 days now...So I'm pretty new to Android.)

I used the newest version of unrevoked, followed a guide that said it was the latest version, and after it said it should be finished (phone rebooting for the second time) my phone came back up, had a swirling arrow icon up on the notification bar and froze for the better part of 5 minutes before saying HTC sense needed to be force closed. I told it to do so and once the phone started responding again I rebooted once more and now my main weather/clock widget just displays the time and city, never the weather forecast and or temperature. Did I bork it? I haven't done a Nandroid backup and really don't mind if I have to reinstall, how do I go back to factory? Did I break something?
    I haven't used unrevoked, but I know from reading that it was not working with the most recent builds (the 3.30 builds) prior to today's newest update. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are not really rooted. Supposedly the newest update has a different HBoot as well, so not that may affect ability to root the phone as well.

When you are in the bootloader, does it say S-OFF or S-ON near the top of the screen? Also, what Hboot version is it showing? If root worked it would say S-OFF. You can access the bootloader by turning off the phone, then holding the down volume button and pressing power (it takes you to a white screen).
    12-15-2010 04:57 PM
    ***EDIT***

To get back to factory follow the sticky at the top of this forum. It pretty much consists of running an EXE on your computer from HTC, called a RUU, or a rom update utility.

In fact you can grab the latest version with the new update here:

OTA_supersonic_3.70 + full RUU - xda-developers

Or you can get the latest update but rooted and it won't flash the new hboot:

[ROM] RUU SuperSonic EvO 3.70.651.1 OTA - Stock - Sense - Deodexed & Odexed Version - xda-developers

-- From the sounds of your post I would get a little more used to rooting and what you have in your hands there before running the RUU file, or I'd run a known rootable RUU, you can find them all here: Shipped ROMs (the latest one is the newest update and I'd hold off on that a bit).
    12-15-2010 04:59 PM
    Before you go back to stock, you might want to wait awhile. My weather widget is currently not showing the weather - I thought I might have to hard reset, until I checked my son's Hero, and he's not getting a forecast either.

There may be problems that have nothing to do with your phone.
    12-15-2010 05:26 PM
    It's saying s-on and hboot 2.10. So I'm guessing that the root failed definitely. I'll hold off on the reset since others have been reporting weather issues. Thanks will be added to everyone once I get home
    12-15-2010 05:36 PM
    S-ON means you're not fully rooted.

Chances are if unrevoked3 is having problems with their 1-click root for 3.30 builds... then the newest one might not root.

There's other ways to root froyo, if you have a windows computer there's a thread over at XDA. Search "EVO, universal, froyo, root.

It's a thread by xHausx
    12-15-2010 06:00 PM
    I have hboot 2.o2 and unrevoked failed. So did the one click root for hboot 2.o2 on xda failed. I had to manually root through adb and what not

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-15-2010 06:25 PM
    I have hboot 2.o2 and unrevoked failed. So did the one click root for hboot 2.o2 on xda failed. I had to manually root through adb and what not

It's the best way to go...
    12-15-2010 06:52 PM

Could you please tell me what exact guide you used?
    12-15-2010 07:23 PM
    Could you please tell me what exact guide you used?
    This method is the one that has worked for 2.02 Hboot. Also the thread says now that it appears to work for the new 2.10 hboot from the new OTA update.
    12-15-2010 08:08 PM
    Btw, dont be intimidated by terminal commands. They are cake.

Goodluck!
    12-16-2010 12:23 AM
    Btw, dont be intimidated by terminal commands. They are cake.

Goodluck!
    I like terminal commands. I'd rather live in dos/shell than a gui.
    12-16-2010 03:14 PM
    I like terminal commands. I'd rather live in dos/shell than a gui.
    That's what I like to hear!
    12-16-2010 03:43 PM