[ROM] Rebirth AC-Rom "From the ashes"

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Let me start off by giving ALL credit to Beezy! I did little more than act as a tester/Updater. ;)

Read the whole first page.

Based off of the latest Sprint OTA (3.70)

How to flash -
Attain full root
Download
Reboot into recovery
Nandroid backup
Wipe everything
Flash
Enjoy
-------
Candy-
v1.0
*Everything works [Including official swype! Woot!]
*Speed tweaks [It's fast]
*Bloat moved to data/app for easy removal in settings
*WiFi scans every 60 seconds instead of 15
*Fully deodexed, and ready for any 3.70 sense theme
*New HTC kernel, reports of good battery life
*Infused with general goodness, has been know to cure world hunger
Download - ReBirth_AC-Rom.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

v2.2 - Thanks again too Beezy and Ksmith for helping me/pushing me ;)
*Moved more bloat too data/app for easy removal
*Put in the EAS bypass mail.apk (courtesy of Ksmith)
*Fixed the search button
*No longer wipes data automatically when flashing
*Vanilla lockscreen will work fine, just remove htclockscreen.apk from system/app. Yes your alarm will be fine.
*Can be flashed over, no wipe needed.
*MUST be flashed with Amon_ra or Clockwork 2.5.0.1 - CWM 3.0+ will not work. (For now)
-Here is why Amon_ra or 2.5.0.1 FOR NOW. Next release will be golden for all - [NOTICE] ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0+ and update-script - xda-developers

Download - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Mirror - AC-RomRebirthv2.2_signed.zip ( thanks beezy)
--

Radios in the link below, just flash them in recovery anytime no wipe needed. Reboots will occur while installing.
[ Radios ][ 12-15 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI & NV versions - xda-developers

Wireless tethering - http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/16101-free-wireless-tethering.html

Remove remaining bloat - http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/15702-how-removing-sprint-bloatware-root.html

Recommended custom kernels that allow overclocking/undervolting - [GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.1.9.1 Beta: 4.2.2 - xda-developers - Ziggy471.com ? Life's too short, have fun while you can.

Go here to get your theme on - EVO 4G Themes and Apps - xda-developers

Some cool caulkin mods to play with - [ Mods ][ 11-3 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [MMS l USB Tether l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

FAQ -
Q: Can i underclock?
A: Yes, use set-cpu and use the the perflock disabler
Q: Can i overclock?
A: Not with the stock HTC kernel, use a custom one.

Last edited by a moderator:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just in case :p

---

Who is this Rom for?

Folks new to rooting, those looking for a stable-stockish rom that has goodies in it and is completely themeable, and for anyone looking to get pretty good battery life.

If youre a Pr0 h4ck3r. This my not excite you, this is for the conservative folks that want everything working and working well.

-----

Bug reporting.

If you come across a bug, then let either me or beezy know asap. BUT before you come to us with your logcat in hand, make sure your bug can be repeated, and your task killer is removed. If you cant repeat your bug... niether can we haha. task killers just plain mess things up, so remove that and reboot.

To get a log cat download alogcat from the market, or install terminal emulator from the market and enter

su
adb logcat

and then do your repeatable bug, collect what the logcat spits out and give it to us.

Last edited:

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Sweet I am so glad I just got this phone today and I happen to search like I do lol cuz I have rooted evos but haven't flashed yet and now its different with your own new device lol im not trying to f@!k my phone up and I just need to find the how to root the new update thread lol so I could flash this great piece of work out lol thanks for helping us out with this could someone direct me to the new updated phones how to root forum sorry couldn't find with tapatalk takes forever haha

Sent By Using White EVO 4G PrittyBoy203

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sweet I am so glad I just got this phone today and I happen to search like I do lol cuz I have rooted evos but haven't flashed yet and now its different with your own new device lol im not trying to f@!k my phone up and I just need to find the how to root the new update thread lol so I could flash this great piece of work out lol thanks for helping us out with this could someone direct me to the new updated phones how to root forum sorry couldn't find with tapatalk takes forever haha

Sent By Using White EVO 4G PrittyBoy203

Watch the cussing this is a family friendly site, but...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...ttention-root-new-root-method-new-hboots.html

Make sure you check if you have the 2.02 hboot tho. Otherwise use this one http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...34-how-rooting-htc-evo-froyo-2-2-windows.html

Both of those links are stickies, please check the stickies first. lots-o-info up in them.

Reactions: DandyAndy

Loogie

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is this ROM truly an update of the former AC ROM, or is it a completely new ROM? (i.e. are battery indicator and icon mods included, SU app etc)

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Is this ROM truly an update of the former AC ROM, or is it a completely new ROM? (i.e. are battery indicator and icon mods included, SU app etc)

Su app is always gonna be in a rom. Otherwise it wouldnt be rooted.

Its based off of the new sprint RUU.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Su app is always gonna be in a rom. Otherwise it wouldnt be rooted.

Its based off of the new sprint RUU.

Im gonna flash it now...looks good so far though,great job guys!

Edit: Hey guys i have been playing with the ROM for a good 2 hours now and i want to thank you guys, i definitely think this ROM is a great ROM for beginners and those in need of a stable experience. The sprint apps were a breeze to uninstall and so far my battery and speed have been par (above par with the stock ROM i might add). Thanks again and i would be more than willing to be a tester on the next version of this ROM. You know where to find me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MR.MICHIGAN

Loogie

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Flashed the ROM yesterday and everything has been working great until now. I just tried to go into the Swype settings and when I select Settings-->Language & Keyboard it force closes on me. I get the same result going in from within Swype thru the options button.

When I flashed I did a full wipe then flashed the ROM. I've been running the AC ROM since the beginning without issue.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Flashed the ROM yesterday and everything has been working great until now. I just tried to go into the Swype settings and when I select Settings-->Language & Keyboard it force closes on me. I get the same result going in from within Swype thru the options button.

When I flashed I did a full wipe then flashed the ROM. I've been running the AC ROM since the beginning without issue.

I dont have the option of even activating swype in the language and keyboard settings,i believe it is already activated by default, just change your keyboard like you would normally do. Go to a text field, hold down, pick input method, then choose swype.

EDIT: my bad re read your post. I dont have that problem at all. i will try to look for a solution.

Loogie

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I traced the problem to the Smooth Icons package I had flashed. For some reason the icons work great but it trashes the Settings App. I guess I'll have to wait for some kind of update to get my battery percentage back. I'm really going to miss that!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I traced the problem to the Smooth Icons package I had flashed. For some reason the icons work great but it trashes the Settings App. I guess I'll have to wait for some kind of update to get my battery percentage back. I'm really going to miss that!

Did you check xda?

Loogie

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just make a nandroid before hand, no problem.

Yeah, it "should" be no problem, but I've been having some Nandroid issues. After I took a Nandroid backup after I got the Candy ROM setup and before I flashed the Smooth icon package. When I started having the problem described above I just restored the Nandroid backup, but my EVO would just sit on the white EVO 4G splash screen. I let it go for 1/2 an hour but after that I pulled the battery and had to re-flash the ROM from scratch and do the setup all over again. I've used Nandroid successfully before, but that made me a little nervy about do it unless I absolutely need to.

By the way, Why does the Candy ROM do a full wipe automatically? Is there any way to get a version that does not wipe the data? That would have been quite useful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy