Really hoping someone can help me out here... I've been rooted for months, never had a problem. Tried a few ROMs out but always go back to rooted stock. Yesterday I switched to the latest OTA rooted update, courtesy of our friends at XDA. I also flashed the new radio kernels that were included in the OTA.

I backed up stuff with Titanium, and got everything loaded again. Phone was working fine yesterday, but today I noticed that the time says 3:30pm (even though it's 9:30am where I am). The phone also says I'm in Luanda... WTF? My GPS data is correct according to google maps. Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks
    12-17-2010 09:37 AM
    As an update, it appears that this problem is not just the HTC clock widget problems people are having. I delete the widget, but the system time is still off. If I go into date/time settings, then uncheck "use network for time", then re-check it, it will temporarily update to the correct time before reverting back to somewhere in "west africa"...

Ideas? thanks
    12-17-2010 11:20 AM
    As an update, it appears that this problem is not just the HTC clock widget problems people are having. I delete the widget, but the system time is still off. If I go into date/time settings, then uncheck "use network for time", then re-check it, it will temporarily update to the correct time before reverting back to somewhere in "west africa"...

Ideas? thanks
    All my friends with HTC phones are having this problem, so i wouldnt worry im sure HTC will produce a fix rather soon since this is a widespread issue. So as long as your phone isn't turning into a robot with a i wouldnt worry to much lol

Have a great day
    12-17-2010 11:30 AM
    Ok thanks man... I always get worried as heck when I flash a new update ROM and weird stuff happens. I wish the weather info I'm getting was right because it says 85 and sunny, and it's snowing here...
    12-17-2010 01:51 PM
    I have had the same issue with my phone saying I am in Luanda West Africa for a while and nothing would fix it. I finally found on another site the fix and it was so simple and it worked. Go into settings, location, then click on use wireless networks to turn it off. My location and time immediately went back to normal. I did not even have to restart my phone. I hope this helps you all as much as it helped me. I wish sprint would mass text all Evo users with this information, it would be a lifesaver.
    02-07-2011 12:36 PM
    I did the settings steps that you said....but my phone still says I'm in Luanda. WTH!? I tried turning it off and back on. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Nothing is working. And my texts isn't working. It'll say someone texted me, and when I go to my inbox the message isn't there. Help?
    02-05-2013 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD