EVO update 3.70.651.1 NOT

Poitier

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Help EVO down....not really but cant update. Its downloaded but won't install.

Yellow triangle with exclamation point on stock rom rooted via unrevoked hardward 003. Need help on how to fix this, is there a way to manually download the update to get pass this? I had to pull the battery and restart my phone.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Help EVO down....not really but cant update. Its downloaded but won't install.

Yellow triangle with exclamation point on stock rom rooted via unrevoked hardward 003. Need help on how to fix this, is there a way to manually download the update to get pass this? I had to pull the battery and restart my phone.

Yeah, don't worry you'll be fine.

You shouldn't download OTAs if you're rooted.

Have you flashed ROMs before?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to wish I hadn't rooted my phone this seems to be a hassle.

It's not a hassle. Here's the situation pretty much, when you rooted using unrevoked you modified the phone, so now for whatever reason it can't update cause you don't have a stock system any longer.

I ask if you've flashed ROMs before because if you want to dig in, you can install a rooted version of the latest OTA file.

It isn't a hassle, so much as it's something to just be mindful of, but the more you tinker with the Evo and custom software the more you'll have to put in to it to understand what's going on a little bit and how what you do affects the phone.

Can I ask why you rooted? Just to try it, for a specific reason etc? I just want to see the best way to get your phone the way you want it to be.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi Fred, I am having the same exact issue. I rooted my Evo for wifi hotspot, but now I dont care for it, because I never use it anyway. It was sooo simple to root with Unrevoked 3, and now I feel like the world is coming down because I cant un root! LOL help please.

email me if possible jnl813@gmail.com

Last edited:

Poitier

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
@thefredelement thanks for responding to my problem. I rooted the phone for the hotspot of course and to get rid of the ads and a few other reasons. NO, I haven't tried a custom rom but I will. Will I loose wimax with a custom rom? I think a read somewhere I would...anyway point me in the right direction and I will move on it. Thanks!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Fred, I am having the same exact issue. I rooted my Evo for wifi hotspot, but now I dont care for it, because I never use it anyway. It was sooo simple to root with Unrevoked 3, and now I feel like the world is coming down because I cant un root! LOL help please.

email me if possible jnl813 at gmail dot com

Best to keep the info public on the forum in case it can help someone else. But if you want to un-root, click on the link at the top of this forum to get to the Dev/Hacks forum and follow the guide for unrooting your phone and returning to stock. If you get stuck, ask a question in that thread just to keep it all together.

@thefredelement thanks for responding to my problem. I rooted the phone for the hotspot of course and to get rid of the ads and a few other reasons. NO, I haven't tried a custom rom but I will. Will I loose wimax with a custom rom? I think a read somewhere I would...anyway point me in the right direction and I will move on it. Thanks!

Alright, now the fun begins! You will not lose WiMax, in fact almost every custom ROM available is based off of what Sprint/HTC made, that being said you can get the latest update just rooted so you can use your own tethering app and have everything else stay the same.

I've never rooted with Unrevoked3 (call me old fashioned), so we'll need to find out a few things. I would suggest that first you install "Rom Manager" from the market so we can see if you have a custom recovery installed and/or enough access to install one.

A recovery is a section on the Evo that lets people (htc / sprint) transfer files to fix the phone in the event of a total meltdown, when you root you can flash a custom recovery so that you can use it to install custom software (ROMs/system apps) as well.

When you install Rom Manager it will tell you what recovery you currently have, lets take it from there.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No seeing the link ( and good idea to keep eveything here) I am using a Mac not PC, will this affect anything?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Me neither al though i would love to learn on how to install Cyanogen ( misspelled) roms and what not, but i am a little.... scared. BUT i aam a huge GEEK so i should conquer this as well! Anyways let me know on how you are doing this, its always good to have a step by step, i mean sure there are already so many but still they are all confusing!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
LOL show me where to start.... i have been trying to figure out how to unroot but i guess it wont hurt to go all the way and try installing some cool Roms LOL..ok so i need to dowlaond ROM manager from the market correct?

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
MYN's Warm 2.2 is a very nice and favorite ROM right now. Goto this site and you can read up on many ROM's and Kernel's:

Evo Benchers! HTC EVO 4G kernel benchmark, rom review, battery info, and howto

Just goto ROM Review or Kernel Review (on left side of page)

Here is a link to MYN's Warm 2.2:

[ROM] Myn?s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All! - xda-developers

I am using MYN's Warm 2.2 with Dark Coconut Fonts. It has 4G, WiFi and Wireless Tether. I am Rooted with Unrevoked 3.

This is a good Youtube video to watch if you want to Flash a Custom ROM> He says don't use Unrevoked 3 (but alot of people have, including myself):

YouTube - How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL