03-10-2012 11:36 AM
162 1234 ...
tools
    Maybe a little bit of battery but mainly alot of junk that takes Up precious space for you the user to use instead of the crap ware the service provider want that you can't normally touch really and it might give the phone more resources to use for what ever you are running in the background instead of the phone to wait for other crap to not be used the phone will eliminate the things that you are not running for a long time and make the phone snappy

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-23-2010 07:33 PM
    Colestein your right on the z root part never really used the freeze feature and there isn't really a scary thing when using the z4root unless you take off the system apps that your phone needs thats why you should deff read up on which you should and which you shouldn't take and freeze I'm not sure but deleting them I know isn't good but for the most part its safe just do the reading first

12-23-2010 07:45 PM
    Enraged medic you should just download the file on your phone once you get it there get a app the let's you see your files like astrology file manager and go to where you put the file it should say apk file then click that and hit package installer click ok to install you might not have went to your settings app manager and click install unknown apps it might be good to do that before anything once that's all done you need to get the titanium back up once in there you could long press the app or click it and choose either freeze or delete you might not know what apps to not delete so read the post on what you can and can't and you should be good if the file problem persists then change the file look a Googleing download z4root apk and file the actual apk file not exe or anything else it should only say apk then transfer the file to you phone pc or just download from your browser hope that helps

Enraged Medic likes this.
    12-23-2010 07:54 PM
    I think i'm finally starting to understand this stuff, but if some one would attempt to answer these for me i'd be greatful.

Thanks
    ps- please be kind on the tech words, think idiots guide to.....

What is a NAND backup? guessing backing up the system on a computer?

Accessing the system this way can you open wireless/USB tethering?

What do you do to improve battery life? currently i get 8 hrs very little use, 6 hrs moderate use, 3-4 hrs heavy use.

What apps should not be removed? i'm wanting to remove the junk, nascar, nova, amazon mp3/kindle, blockbuster, stocks, basically the stuff i have no interest in, and don't seem to be operating system apps.
    12-23-2010 09:29 PM
    I think i'm finally starting to understand this stuff, but if some one would attempt to answer these for me i'd be greatful.

Thanks
    ps- please be kind on the tech words, think idiots guide to.....

What is a NAND backup? guessing backing up the system on a computer?

You cannot do a nand back up because you a not fully rooted, look to the rooting guides for info on that

Accessing the system this way can you open wireless/USB tethering?

Yes

What do you do to improve battery life? currently i get 8 hrs very little use, 6 hrs moderate use, 3-4 hrs heavy use.

Removing the bloat wont help your battery that much. To do that fully root it, install a custom rom and underclock while the screen is off.

What apps should not be removed? i'm wanting to remove the junk, nascar, nova, amazon mp3/kindle, blockbuster, stocks, basically the stuff i have no interest in, and don't seem to be operating system apps.

You can remove all those you listed, and alot more. If youre gun shy about deleting something, just ask on this thread and ill yay or nay it
    Bold
    12-23-2010 09:44 PM
    Okay, so I guess I will try to uninstall the z4root and then re-install it and see if it runs correctly that way?!!
    12-23-2010 09:50 PM
    Okay, so I guess I will try to uninstall the z4root and then re-install it and see if it runs correctly that way?!!
    I attached the correct Z4 root apk on the second post of this thread. Try that one.
    12-23-2010 09:54 PM
    why am i able to temporary root using z4root but when i try to root my phone using simple root i am not able to do it, i really would love to root my evo 4g
    12-24-2010 12:19 AM
    why am i able to temporary root using z4root but when i try to root my phone using simple root i am not able to do it, i really would love to root my evo 4g
    Its nand locked, and froyo is not compatible with simple root. Go to the sticky about rooting.
    12-24-2010 01:54 AM
    Would this work with incredible?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
    12-24-2010 02:57 AM
    Some things are deleting and some still not. Any ideas. Nascar,nfl deleted but amazon,gtalk will not.
    12-24-2010 11:03 AM
    So I have z4 downloaded as wells titanium backup. Z4 root says debugging has to be disabled but I can't find it on my phone. Is this only by hooking up to a computer or am I missing something. Thanks
    12-24-2010 12:53 PM
    I found it
    12-24-2010 02:06 PM
    i got it figured out, not that difficult just time consuming, one more question.

using z4root, and titanium backup (i guess) how do i enable the wireless/usb tethering?
    12-24-2010 02:34 PM
    Would this work with incredible?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
    Yes. It should.

Some things are deleting and some still not. Any ideas. Nascar,nfl deleted but amazon,gtalk will not.
    Amazon and Gtalk are deletable. If you are having trouble, buy root explorer from the market for 1$ Then go to System > apps, mount as read write and delete what you wish, reboot and its gone.

i got it figured out, not that difficult just time consuming, one more question.

Use root explorer, its better.

using z4root, and titanium backup (i guess) how do i enable the wireless/usb tethering?
    To tether while temp rooted, download wireless tether from the market, and use it. OR go to the free wireless tethering sticky and download it from there.
    sincityk9 likes this.
    12-24-2010 02:53 PM
    Root explorer worked great but I can not find amazon under the apps. Any ideas where out could be?
    12-24-2010 06:21 PM
    Root explorer worked great but I can not find amazon under the apps. Any ideas where out could be?
    Its in there, under mp3amazon.apk or something.
    12-24-2010 06:34 PM
    Crazy as it sounds, but amazon or mp3 amazon is nowhere to be found.
    12-24-2010 08:49 PM
    And still can not delete gtalk our amazon no matter which program I use.
    12-24-2010 08:58 PM
    I attached the correct Z4 root apk on the second post of this thread. Try that one.
    OKay thank you, I will go and try that one now!!
    12-24-2010 11:40 PM
    Hi I would like to try this but I have no idea what a nand backup is. Nor do I know how PR why I would need to do it. Please help as I would love to do z4root. Thanks!
    12-25-2010 09:03 AM
    Enraged medic you should just download the file on your phone once you get it there get a app the let's you see your files like astrology file manager and go to where you put the file it should say apk file then click that and hit package installer click ok to install you might not have went to your settings app manager and click install unknown apps it might be good to do that before anything once that's all done you need to get the titanium back up once in there you could long press the app or click it and choose either freeze or delete you might not know what apps to not delete so read the post on what you can and can't and you should be good if the file problem persists then change the file look a Googleing download z4root apk and file the actual apk file not exe or anything else it should only say apk then transfer the file to you phone pc or just download from your browser hope that helps

I managed to get z4root on my phone but the problem is, I have a newer EVO with a build date of 10/19/2010 and it unfortunately has the 2.10 hboot so it won't temporarily root, let alone root at all. I just went for the full root and tried to do it with unrEVOked3 and yeah, it got stuck at "waiting for root" phase. I did some homework in the forums and yes, I know there's a work-around but seriously, I'm NOT going to jump through fire hoops and crunch all this code and flash all these zip files because I know I'll just F*$K up my phone. I've had it for a week and I think I can either wait for Gingerbread or wait for unrEVOked or someone else to fix their root programs to make it easy on us noobs
    netkgb likes this.
    12-25-2010 05:09 PM
    Z4 root does work no matter what your hboot, for temp root.

Use the z4 root I've attached on the second post.

And I know for a fact amazon and gtalk are in there and removable. What is it saying when you try to delete?
    12-25-2010 08:05 PM
    Hey I already broke my first evo the second day of having it I had did the update and didn't realize what I had done then I tried to do all the reading in the world but I took a shoot at one and bombed my phone with a ruu and returned it but great guy from these forums helped me out like crazy and guide my to this root method and it dose it for you I'm telling you if you hadn't tried it it is really really easy trust me I was not a noobie but I figured out the hard way when it comes to evos

12-25-2010 09:19 PM
    With titanium it says that they are deleted but when it reboots they are back everytime. When I use root explorer amazon is nowhere to be found and gtalk says its deleting but also comes back everytime after reboot. I think I am doing it right because I was able to delete all the other programs I wanted to. Just not those two
    12-25-2010 10:14 PM
162 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD