03-10-2012 11:36 AM
162 ... 567
tools
    I think Unrevoked is my next step. Seems pretty easy like z4.
    dead simple
    02-18-2011 01:04 PM
    What happened? Thread is dead for almost a month. I broke my EVO and got a replacement. It is currently stock. I got Z4 I have run it a number of times. Tried temporary first once then only permanent.
    BloatFreezer keeps telling me I am not rooted. I can't tell otherwise because BloatFreezer is the only thing I want to use. Am I missing a step? Did they kill Z4 or something? Can I still do this with Titanium? TY for any help.
    03-08-2011 08:49 AM
    What happened? Thread is dead for almost a month. I broke my EVO and got a replacement. It is currently stock. I got Z4 I have run it a number of times. Tried temporary first once then only permanent.
    BloatFreezer keeps telling me I am not rooted. I can't tell otherwise because BloatFreezer is the only thing I want to use. Am I missing a step? Did they kill Z4 or something? Can I still do this with Titanium? TY for any help.
    Is it telling you that you are not rooted or that the NAND is locked?
    03-08-2011 01:49 PM
    it says not rooted. so does titanium. I uninstalled andreinstalled acouple times. also killed in services first...did this with z4 and freezer in various orders etc. I looked at superuser once and it said something about updating/flashing a zip file that I didn't understand. but I had the zip file. its just odd that there is no data or talk about z4 anymore. rt d.
    03-09-2011 04:31 AM
    it says not rooted. so does titanium. I uninstalled andreinstalled acouple times. also killed in services first...did this with z4 and freezer in various orders etc. I looked at superuser once and it said something about updating/flashing a zip file that I didn't understand. but I had the zip file. its just odd that there is no data or talk about z4 anymore. rt d.
    Not sure why it isnt working. The latest version of Bloat Freezer will even work with Temp Root, but you have to get it rooted somehow, surprised z4 isnt working for you, works great for other EVO users.
    03-09-2011 12:54 PM
    I can't get it to work either. Been trying all day as I don't have a pc. Guess I'll just do it the unrevoked way.
    03-15-2011 04:18 PM
    i had some issues with the temp root on z4 as well. i found that the best way to get it to work again (i had it working, rebooted my phone, and then it wouldn't root anymore) was to uninstall everything (i had superuser, z4root, titanium backup, and root checker installed)

here is my exact process for getting it to work:
    1.) go into settings>apps>manage apps
    2.) select titanium back up, clear data
    3.) repeat step 2 for any other root apps that you installed (for me this was root checker, superuser, and z4root)
    4.) reboot phone by pulling battery and leaving it out for 30 seconds
    5.) once phone reboots go to settings>apps>manage apps
    6.) uninstall all the root apps (again, for me this was z4root, superuser, titanium, root checker)
    7.) repeat step 4
    8.) after the phone reboots, leave it sitting on the table for 5 minutes, just to let everything settle.
    9.) then i used astro file manager (this is an app that you can download from the market.. it allows you to manage files and folders on the phone/sdcard) to check for any files and folders related to the 4 root programs. i deleted anything i found related to these programs.
    10.) repeat step 4 again...
    11.) once phone reboots let it settle for a few minutes. download z4root and open it BUT DO NOT run it yet.
    12.) go to the market place. download root checker
    13.) go back and open z4root again, run the temporary root function. once it finishes use root checker to see if it worked. if it didn't work go back to z4root and run the temporary root option again. check with root checker... you get the idea. if it doesn't work within 5 tries, reboot the phone, once it has settled again try the temp root again and check with root checker. (i only had to temp root it 3 times before root checker told me that i had root access)
    14.) once you get root access download titanium back up (or whatever other root apps you want to use).
    15.) start using the root functions!

i know the process is a little drawn out, and i dont really have any basis for how it works aside from the fact that i figured that clearing out all the files would get it to work again... and for me thats exactly what happened. I've got titanium to work, as well as setcpu. (thats all i really tried.. superuser works as well)

I've made full backups using titanium, and i plan on going full root sometime within the next week so i dont have to worry about reboots and then not having temp root working anymore.

hope that helps some of you
    03-15-2011 10:21 PM
    This was odd but easier. I just saw prior message when I came to post this. I uninstalled z4 and reinstalled and did temp root then reinstalled Bloat Freezer and it worked! I am not even going to try to figure it out. I'll just be happy!
    03-18-2011 06:57 AM
    Thanks for the awesome tip!
    05-31-2011 12:13 AM
    does this file still work im trying it now and im getting nothing stuck on z4 blue screen with loading circle icon, ive cleared data in manage apps, for toor checher, su, titaniumbk, su fixer, and busybox...still hast worked
    hboot says 2.18 .001 does this app work with this version can someone help me out please thanks....
    03-10-2012 07:03 AM
    This is a very old thread. Processes used were for older Hboot, etc.

I would recommend you follow new root process for Hboot 2.18
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...18-0001-a.html

Good Luck
    uurel23 likes this.
    03-10-2012 10:14 AM
    THANKS, going to read up on that now so i can root my evo sooner than later.......but im still on the hunt for a temp root method like this one for my gf EVO she is afraid to root.....trying to get her longer battery life n more internal memory
    03-10-2012 11:36 AM
162 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD