Superior Battery Charging kernel

allsighs

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Because this kernel limits your camera to 3 mp.

Actually I believe it only affects those who are on hardware version 0004, as it has a different camera to the other hardware versions. I am running the 4.2.2 v7 non-Havs on Myn Warm 2.2 and everything has been amazing.

Pulled it off the charger this morning at 6am, had Pandora running a continuous stream of music from 8:30am to 4pm with no charging and was at 36% battery by the time i got home at 5:30pm.

Been stable with everything working fine (including 8mp camera) for a week now.

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually I believe it only affects those who are on hardware version 0004, as it has a different camera to the other hardware versions. I am running the 4.2.2 v7 non-Havs on Myn Warm 2.2 and everything has been amazing.

Pulled it off the charger this morning at 6am, had Pandora running a continuous stream of music from 8:30am to 4pm with no charging and was at 36% battery by the time i got home at 5:30pm.

Been stable with everything working fine (including 8mp camera) for a week now.

Yeah, I'm running Baked Snack 1.8 and my camera has been great too.

My phone was unplugged from 5:30AM to 11:45 PM and I still had 52% battery when I put it on the charger before bed. This new Kernal is amazing.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am ruining non havs 2.2 on fresh 3.5 and I took it off the charger about 30 minutes ago and I'm down to 92%. I don't know if its working. We'll see.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am ruining non havs 2.2 on fresh 3.5 and I took it off the charger about 30 minutes ago and I'm down to 92%. I don't know if its working. We'll see.

I'm running the same kernel on Fresh and its been about an hour with very light use since off the charger but I'm still sitting pretty at 100%.

Like the other suggestion you might want to try the other kernel posted, some people have varying results.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've done searches here and XDA and can't find the link SBC for New CM kernel!!"......Wouldn't it be SBC for New CM Rom? CM is a rom not a kernel right?

Is anyone available to help me flash this new kernel? XDA is confusing, and at 280+ posts I will never catch up.

I rooted my EVO with unrevoked (don't remember if it was forever or not..oops) a while ago for tethering. Recently downloaded Rom Manager and flashed CM6.1.1. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing...and I probably shouldn't be doing this kind of thing...but I am bored with the phone again and want to mess with it.

I think I have to clear cache/dalvik (have no idea what this is or how to do it) before I can flash a new kernel...can someone help me step-by-step flash this kernel?:confused:

Shut down your EVO. Turn it back on by holding the Power Button AND the Volume Down button at the same time (this will boot you to a white screen with 3 android characters at the bottom of the screen). Use the Volume Down Button and move to Recovery (it will be on Fastboot now) then press the power button. You are now in Recovery. Use the Volume Down Button AGAIN and move down to Wipe Cache Partition, then press the Power Button again, move down to Yes-Wipe Cache and press the Power Button (the Power Button initiates everything). This will wipe your Cache (you will see it working). Next goto Advanced (volume button down until you get to advanced), press the power button once you get to advanced. You will see Wipe Dalvik (press volume button down to get to Wipe Dalvik and press Power Button, this will wipe Dalvik). ******** BEFORE YOU DO ALL THIS MAKE SURE TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP, ONCE YOU GO INTO RECOVERY YOU WILL SEE NANDROID, PRESS POWER BUTTON ON NANDROID AND DO A BACKUP********* After all this is done you can install Zip from SDcard (to flash a ROM). I suggest downloading MYN'S Warm 2.2 RLS4 (it has Kernel #17 baked into the ROM), you can get it here:

[ROM] Myn?s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All! - xda-developers

You can also watch this Youtube video and he will also show you what I just told you to do:

YouTube - How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G

He says don't use Unrevoked 3, but I used Unrevoked 3 to Root my EVO with NO issues.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is an image of my battery using MYN's Warm 2.2 RLS 4 and SBC-Net 4.2.2 v7. I still have 41% battery left after 24 hours of use. Making Calls, Texting, Surf Internet etc. etc.

I am on Stock EVO Battery and have everything turned on (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, SYNC, NO 4g). I LOVE this Kernel

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I want to try this Kernel becasue my batter life sucks! But I want to make sure I do it right.

1) Do you need to do a full wipe (or any kind of wipe) when flashing just the Kernel?

2) I am running the CM6 ROM, so I need the AOSP v7 kernel, right?

3) Where in CM6 can I find the HW version? I have checked in the About Phone section but don't see it any where. I don't want to lose my 8MP camera.

Last edited:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Cool, I just loaded it up. I will let you all know if I see any improvements im my battery life (surely it couldn't get any worse that what it was).

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is an image of my battery using MYN's Warm 2.2 RLS 4 and SBC-Net 4.2.2 v7. I still have 41% battery left after 24 hours of use. Making Calls, Texting, Surf Internet etc. etc.

I am on Stock EVO Battery and have everything turned on (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, SYNC, NO 4g). I LOVE this Kernel

nice...id like to know what im doing wrong lol...i just rooted lastnight...flashd myns rls4...flashed the 4.2.2 v7 kernal...and no radios on beside 3g...and lost 25% in an hour....hardly using it....ive read some things about the 1.90.003 PRI radio causing the phone to stay constantly on...so i just flashed back to 1.77.003 just a min ago...still waiting for the phone to charge back up...so we will see if that improves it any.....ive had the phone since tuesday...and i cant go more than 4 hours of light usage without it getting down to 10% lol

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Wish I was seeing the amazing results that some of you are seeing. Any ideas as to where I should start digging? I saw a post that mentioned something about the radio versions. Should I flash my radios?

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
well ive been unplugged for 30min now after getting to 100% charge and letting it stay on for another 35min on charger.....and im only at 97% battery...and ive downloaded couple apps from the market...opened facebook a couple times....keep checking the battery usage....thats WAY better than i was before where i could just let it sit and not touch it and lose 20% in that same time period.

so it looks like i can confirm that it is the 1.90 PRI radio.....as i had flashed back to the 1.77 and have lost minimal battery.

update: at 1hour of unplug...at 95%....makes me happy :) goin to bed now...so see where it is when i wake up lol

update #2: woke up at 5am...of course phone wasnt being used all night but 7 1/2 hrs after unplug it was at 74%....i put it back on charger so i can see how it does through my work day when ill be using it more often.

update #3: 7:30 pm (13hr 5 min after unplug) im at 39%...used sprint nav quite a few times...text, email, facebook....few games of angry birds throughout the day....this is definately wayyyyyyyyyy better than before :)

Last edited:

jic

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to rooting.

1) Do I need to root my phone in order to install the new kernel?
2) If I do need to root, where do I find info on how to do it? Will a gneneral search on Google work for the EVO 4G?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey jic you do need to be rooted to flash kernels and roms once you get root access you could flash a radio and all the other goodies that come from rooting if your new to rooting just be aware that if you just got your evo and it has the new hboot you can find this by pressing the power button and the volume down while the phone is of and you'll see three android guys on skateboards you'll see your hboot version at the top it will say something like (supersonic s-on) and the hboot ( 2.10 or still a new hboot 2.02) if yours and older one it will give you a way older hboot number the you should Google and follow the guides that are for your hboot I think the newer updated unrevoked 3.3 or something like that roots the evo in ten min without braking your phone I used the (hboot 2.02 guide for newer evos) that guide was on the xda evo development forums then come back here and grab up the great kernel and go into recovery and flash the new radios and then the kernel but also forgot to mention if the Rom your using says asop or sense make sure you use the right kernel for the right type of Rom and you should be good and as always get to reading before trying any of these steps cuz if things go wrong you will need to not panic and brake the phone more by trying other guides lol trust me it doesn't work out good haha hope that helps you get started if you need anything else just pm me or post I could guide you step by step

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

willy900wonka

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely nuts. Over 3 hours unplugged and still at 100%. Who would have thunk it? Fresh 3.501 with SBC15 v7 and scanner radio upping the voltage to 4.215v, while charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech