Replacement EVO w/ new evo... Easiest way to get rooted on new evo?

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I dropped original evo and broke the screen. I'm getting EVO replaced, steps needed to get rooted again. I have rom backed up with rom manager, apps with titanium. any easy way to root new phone? Please help...

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How do you determine which hboot? I've been rooted and nan unlocked since july, prolly the older one...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
How do you determine which hboot? I've been rooted and nan unlocked since july, prolly the older one...

But you're on a new phone now right?

To find out what hboot you have, power off your phone.

Then when it's off (give it a few seconds), press and hold volume up while at the same time pressing the power button, the white screen that loads will have a line for hboot version number.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my old broken phone, screen is shattered and looks like a spider web. Only reason it's still working is because the invisible shield kept the screen in place.

I'm off work at 6p and heading to best buy to get my rooted/nan unlocked broken phone replaced....

Within an hour I will have new phone with all my data backed up on my sd card. so, when I get my new phone, what's the easiest way to get my phone restored to it's nan unlocked rooted self....

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my old broken phone, screen is shattered and looks like a spider web. Only reason it's still working is because the invisible shield kept the screen in place.

I'm off work at 6p and heading to best buy to get my rooted/nan unlocked broken phone replaced....

Within an hour I will have new phone with all my data backed up on my sd card. so, when I get my new phone, what's the easiest way to get my phone restored to it's nan unlocked rooted self....

Alright cool. You'll have to check what boot loader your new phone comes with and then we'll take it from there.

FWIW, I have successfully restored a nandroid from an old Evo to a new Evo, but your experience will vary depending upon what you're restoring, like if the new partitions are setup the same way on both phones.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't go to best buy after work last night.... Going tonight! I will update when I get my new evo.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Really dont restore back ups from different phones. I seen some guy bork his radios by doing that. He eventually fixed em but still. Not worth it.