Please help me to root my htc evo

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have searched, searched and searched this and other forums and I am not still getting a clear picture.

Can my HTC EVO 4G be rooted? If so, what is the one that works?

H/w

Sprint HTC EVO 4g
version 004

SW

3.70.651.1 (updated 12/17)
hd boot 2.10.0001
Radio 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel 2.6.32.17-gee557fd
Browser version - Webkit 3.1
PRI Version 1.90_003
PRL 60672

Please help me. I have successfully rooted LG Optimus S phones and installed custom ROMs. I desperately want to root this to get a custom Rom, enable wifi tethering and remove sprint bloatware.

Please do not tell me to search the forum.

I have been doing this for last 2 weeks. I had the 3.30.651.3 prior to this latest update. I read several forums and there were lots of successes and equal number of failures which made me pause. There is NOT a single clear, step by step instructions for people with newer hd (2.02) version. There is conflicting information all around and it is really frustrating.

Now that I have the latest version, I started my search again and getting overloaded with not so useful threads.

Please help me to unlock the true potential of HTC EVO 4g.

I appreciate your time and help

Last edited:
Reactions: rrob13

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could say I understand all these info on how too root my phone. I guess I might be bit hesitant than anything else.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Holy thread crapping. Keep the replies on topic to the what the OP asked. If you have a different question please search the forums. If you don't find what you're looking for then start a new thread.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I know these threads are all getting confusing I have the same situation I have rooted the optimus s and turned it to a beast lol but I have the new evo and update version and my hboot is the 2.10 and radio is 2.15.00.11.19 and I am just plain old stock but I cant grasp what method to use and I read everything and cant figure out witch I can use cuz ones for 002/003 and some people have the 002/003 but they have basebands that are the older ones and there radios are the same as ares but nothing I have seen or I'm must be thread shocked lol cuz I have not seen one that's for everything new from this update I have not tried to root at all and just want the root process for evos with this info please please post the link downloads for each file or commands or what ever we need for this to be smooth root or flat out tell I'm f#@%#*d Haha

Hboot 2.10

baseband ver. 2.15.00.11.19

Kernel ver. 2.6.32.17-gee557fd

Htc-kernel@and18-2#15

Build num. 3.70.651.1 cl294884 release key

Pri ver. 1.90-003

Prl ver. 60672

Sent By Using White EVO 4G PrittyBoy203

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I know these threads are all getting confusing I have the same situation I have rooted the optimus s and turned it to a beast lol but I have the new evo and update version and my hboot is the 2.10 and radio is 2.15.00.11.19 and I am just plain old stock but I cant grasp what method to use and I read everything and cant figure out witch I can use cuz ones for 002/003 and some people have the 002/003 but they have basebands that are the older ones and there radios are the same as ares but nothing I have seen or I'm must be thread shocked lol cuz I have not seen one that's for everything new from this update I have not tried to root at all and just want the root process for evos with this info please please post the link downloads for each file or commands or what ever we need for this to be smooth root or flat out tell I'm f#@%#*d Haha

Hboot 2.10

baseband ver. 2.15.00.11.19

Kernel ver. 2.6.32.17-gee557fd

Htc-kernel@and18-2#15

Build num. 3.70.651.1 cl294884 release key

Pri ver. 1.90-003

Prl ver. 60672

Amen Brother,

I am in the same boat. All the instructions seem to have equal success and failure rate.

I am stuck till some one posts a clear, newbie, step by step guide that has proven to be working. LOL-may never happen.

I rooted and installed thunder rom on my two LG Optimus S. I am loving it. If only I can root and install custom on this beast.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Omg lol I am so mad at my self I wasn't even get past the cmd part to get intomy tools I forgot to do cd (c:\) then android-bla bla so I did set my ask up ahhhhh lol ok so now I know my sdk is set and my friend thanks for posting this guide its perfectly in line with everything I keep seeing but can you tell me this is the guied for this info of course i just have to be extra ******ed lol cuz I saw this thing you said at the bottom change your radio is this the one where I change the hboot and radio and makeing me downgrade then upgrade after root with flashing Rom thanks for the clear info lol

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Omg lol I am so mad at my self I wasn't even get past the cmd part to get intomy tools I forgot to do cd (c:\) then android-bla bla so I did set my ask up ahhhhh lol ok so now I know my sdk is set and my friend thanks for posting this guide its perfectly in line with everything I keep seeing but can you tell me this is the guied for this info of course i just have to be extra ******ed lol cuz I saw this thing you said at the bottom change your radio is this the one where I change the hboot and radio and makeing me downgrade then upgrade after root with flashing Rom thanks for the clear info lol

Yes, this will downgrade you to the point where your phone is wide open. I'm confirming now on my device and will update the post.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
What your doing that for us lol man your rock bro I hate having to do it soooo many time but your hooking us evo noobies up Haha but I have been rooting and have rooted the evo old and easy unrevoked way 5 months ago and all other android phones since g1 days and I had the impression you couldn't downgrade your radio I remember doing this same process on the g1 and then using telnet to catch root wow old days man old days i am waiting on your word and can't wait to try all this great info you and all the people who mad this possible work thank you guys lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair