What else can I do to my phone?

anon81974

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a BIG mental block right now and I wanna customize my phone more..maybe even add some apps to it. So, I have myns twopointtwo on my phone and I love it but I wanna maybe change it up a bit..like how it looks. Maybe a theme or change how the dialer and lock screens look, stuff like that. I have the gingerbread launcher and the clear notification bar so idk haha I just want to change some stuff on my phone. If you could recommend what else I can do to my phone (themes or not), maybe like install some apps that would require root or something, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a BIG mental block right now and I wanna customize my phone more..maybe even add some apps to it. So, I have myns twopointtwo on my phone and I love it but I wanna maybe change it up a bit..like how it looks. Maybe a theme or change how the dialer and lock screens look, stuff like that. I have the gingerbread launcher and the clear notification bar so idk haha I just want to change some stuff on my phone. If you could recommend what else I can do to my phone (themes or not), maybe like install some apps that would require root or something, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Perhaps you should look through screen shot sections of our forums, this will give you ideas of what you may like or what can be down.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Haha yea, I'm actually there right now lol. Maybe I'll try out the new cyanogen just for a change of pace :p

haha awesome. I've been trolling there a lot lately. Getting some ideas for my theme I've been doing. You'll actually see my themed gingerbread keyboard there lol. There's a lot of good stuff on XDA an

anon81974

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
How do you install themes? I'm running the same rom

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Usually the OP is nice enough to tell you how to install them. I think some are flashable (just like how you flash a rom) and others are applied through metamorph and things of that nature.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You have to flash themes in recovery. Themes have to have metamorph within the theme.zip in order for it to be flashable.

The theme I'm working on is a blue/black theme. The top notification bar is black, the notification pulldown is transparent with a dark tint to it to make it looks almost like tinted glass, the dialer and keyboard have been changed to have black background with a blue "glow" effect when a key is tapped. The lockscreen is also slightly modified. Here's a few screenshots:

snap20101202_191325.png
snap20101202_191313.png
snap20101202_191348.png
snap20101202_191401-1.png
snap20101212_153004.png

There's a lot of other changes. All together I've probably edited about 400 images lol. But ya that's just some of the changes. I've been working on it forever now. Hopefully this week I can finish up on enough changes to put up an initial release.

anon81974

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
You have to flash themes in recovery. Themes have to have metamorph within the theme.zip in order for it to be flashable.

The theme I'm working on is a blue/black theme. The top notification bar is black, the notification pulldown is transparent with a dark tint to it to make it looks almost like tinted glass, the dialer and keyboard have been changed to have black background with a blue "glow" effect when a key is tapped. The lockscreen is also slightly modified. Here's a few screenshots:

There's a lot of other changes. All together I've probably edited about 400 images lol. But ya that's just some of the changes. I've been working on it forever now. Hopefully this week I can finish up on enough changes to put up an initial release.

That's awesome! I wish i could do something like that haha. Keep up the awesome work man! I like the transparent notification bar and how the apps don't show names. It makes it look real clean haha I remember that wallpaper you have..it's from digitalblasphemy right?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! I wish i could do something like that haha. Keep up the awesome work man! I like the transparent notification bar and how the apps don't show names. It makes it look real clean haha I remember that wallpaper you have..it's from digitalblasphemy right?

Thanks! The icons with no names is actually an option on Launcher Pro. I think it makes it really clean too. I got the background from Flikie HD wallpapers. HANDS down the best wallpaper app I've used on Android, and trust me I've used them all lol. They're all very high res backgrounds.

anon81974

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! The icons with no names is actually an option on Launcher Pro. I think it makes it really clean too. I got the background from Flikie HD wallpapers. HANDS down the best wallpaper app I've used on Android, and trust me I've used them all lol. They're all very high res backgrounds.

Oh haha I've never used launcher pro but i remember that i tried it on cyanogenmod a while back haha. Thanks for sharing that app! I just downloaded some zip files from the xda forums but i forgot where I got them from :/ they were about 1700 wallpapers in total lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1