12-21-2010 05:06 PM
42 12
tools
    From skateboard screen...

If I do reboot, it reboots. Not into rom.

If I do bootloader, the option afterward is fast boot, that brings me back to where I was. Not in the rom.
    12-21-2010 03:26 PM
    what happens if you select recovery?
    12-21-2010 03:33 PM
    lol, lets find out
    12-21-2010 03:35 PM
    Select recovery in rom manager?
    12-21-2010 03:36 PM
    Select recovery in rom manager?
    wait, how are you in rom manager if you can't get back in to the rom?

I just got confused.. so first you told rom manager to install a zip from the sd, you picked it, told it to wipe and it rebooted in to the white screen with 3 androids on skate boards (this screen is called fastboot), then you pulled the battery, then it came back up to fastboot, you hit bootloader, hit reboot and then it came back to fastboot or it loaded the phone normally?
    12-21-2010 03:39 PM
    I'm half tempted to just download a rom from rom manager and see what happens
    12-21-2010 03:39 PM
    wait, how are you in rom manager if you can't get back in to the rom?

I just got confused.. so first you told rom manager to install a zip from the sd, you picked it, told it to wipe and it rebooted in to the white screen with 3 androids on skate boards (this screen is called fastboot), then you pulled the battery, then it came back up to fastboot, you hit bootloader, hit reboot and then it came back to fastboot or it loaded the phone normally?
    Well..

Once at the fast boot screen. I pulled the battery and turned it on. It booted up, but isn't in the new rom. Everythign is the same. So I tried again in rom manager and back to fast boot. I hit bootloader, hit fast reboot and it rebooted again. no changes.

Sorry for the confusion.
    12-21-2010 03:42 PM
    I'm half tempted to just download a rom from rom manager and see what happens
    ok, so you're back in rom manager, like your phone is booted and stuff?
    12-21-2010 03:42 PM
    Well..

Once at the fast boot screen. I pulled the battery and turned it on. It booted up, but isn't in the new rom. Everythign is the same. So I tried again in rom manager and back to fast boot. I hit bootloader, hit fast reboot and it rebooted again. no changes.

Sorry for the confusion.
    OK cool, no problem, lets take it from here.. don't download anything new lol!!

in rom manager, what recovery does it say you have installed?
    12-21-2010 03:43 PM
    Clockworkmod 2.5.0.1
    12-21-2010 03:46 PM
    Alright, I don't know why that kicked you to fastboot, but just for a pre-flash test, reboot in to recovery.

just hit it in rom manager and make sure you boot through, if it kicks you out, then boot back in to the phone normally, go to rom manager and hit install clockwork recovery.
    12-21-2010 04:10 PM
    after I hit install on the clockwork recovery... It said flash successful.

Sorry for the gap, I'm a filthy car sales person and someone walked in thd door.
    12-21-2010 04:25 PM
    after I hit install on the clockwork recovery... It said flash successful.

Sorry for the gap, I'm a filthy car sales person and someone walked in thd door.
    No problem, I hope you get a sale!

Alright cool, so now can you reboot in to recovery successfully?
    12-21-2010 04:31 PM
    Okay, I'm in it now..
    12-21-2010 04:37 PM
    Okay, I'm in it now..
    Awesome!! now just reboot and let rom manager do the rom install you wanted to do, be sure to create a backup!! and always wipe cache/data!!

If you need to, also check out titanium bacup to backup your apps and app data!
    12-21-2010 04:49 PM
    Awesome, man thanks alot.. Seriously. I have Tit back up so I'll be using it for the first time too I'd assume. I'm at the 4G logo boot up screen.. excited.

Once again, thanks.. Its got to be painful dealing with noobs such as myself all the time. This whole topic kind of spawned after reading how people dislike the one click methods. I grasp why.
    12-21-2010 05:00 PM
    No problem, we kind of took the long way around that one because I thought you couldn't boot back in to your rom, but hey no harm no foul!

Enjoy it, don't worry about being a noob, we were all new at something at one point or another, no biggie, that's why AC is good cause it doesn't matter if you know a lot about one thing but not something else - just ask and there you go!
    12-21-2010 05:06 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD