Best method of being rooted...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
did it again, from the research I gather this does not seem right. hmmmm.. I have it plugged into my pc. Could that be causing any of this? Just brings me to the skateboard menu. Quickly, in about eh, 5-10 seconds.

ok, what happens if you just hit reboot on that menu? also, at the top does it say s-off?

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
From skateboard screen...

If I do reboot, it reboots. Not into rom.

If I do bootloader, the option afterward is fast boot, that brings me back to where I was. Not in the rom.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Select recovery in rom manager?

wait, how are you in rom manager if you can't get back in to the rom?

I just got confused.. so first you told rom manager to install a zip from the sd, you picked it, told it to wipe and it rebooted in to the white screen with 3 androids on skate boards (this screen is called fastboot), then you pulled the battery, then it came back up to fastboot, you hit bootloader, hit reboot and then it came back to fastboot or it loaded the phone normally?

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
wait, how are you in rom manager if you can't get back in to the rom?

I just got confused.. so first you told rom manager to install a zip from the sd, you picked it, told it to wipe and it rebooted in to the white screen with 3 androids on skate boards (this screen is called fastboot), then you pulled the battery, then it came back up to fastboot, you hit bootloader, hit reboot and then it came back to fastboot or it loaded the phone normally?

Well..

Once at the fast boot screen. I pulled the battery and turned it on. It booted up, but isn't in the new rom. Everythign is the same. So I tried again in rom manager and back to fast boot. I hit bootloader, hit fast reboot and it rebooted again. no changes.

Sorry for the confusion.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well..

Once at the fast boot screen. I pulled the battery and turned it on. It booted up, but isn't in the new rom. Everythign is the same. So I tried again in rom manager and back to fast boot. I hit bootloader, hit fast reboot and it rebooted again. no changes.

Sorry for the confusion.

OK cool, no problem, lets take it from here.. don't download anything new lol!!

in rom manager, what recovery does it say you have installed?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I don't know why that kicked you to fastboot, but just for a pre-flash test, reboot in to recovery.

just hit it in rom manager and make sure you boot through, if it kicks you out, then boot back in to the phone normally, go to rom manager and hit install clockwork recovery.

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
after I hit install on the clockwork recovery... It said flash successful.

Sorry for the gap, I'm a filthy car sales person and someone walked in thd door.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge