Where to get OTA ROMs with ROOT?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda new to the whole root/custom ROM thing and I have searched the forums looking for the latest OTA update ROM with ROOT and have come up empty. Is there a single thread or location where these ROMs are posted? Thanks in advance...

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
If you're rooted, and want the latest OTA... XDA is the best place to go.

EDIT: If you want a nicely tweaked OTA, Kommy's and Beezy's ROMs are pretty nice ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What's the diff between deodexed and odexed? The link says something about deodexed requires for theming? What exactly does this allow me to do?

when your rom is deodexed, I guess the best way to explain it is that the files inside the rom are expanded and able to be manipulated (colors, fonts, etc.) while when the rom is odexed it's just the original file but without all the extra information expanded.

(I hope someone can clean that up if it doesn't make sense!)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
when your rom is deodexed, I guess the best way to explain it is that the files inside the rom are expanded and able to be manipulated (colors, fonts, etc.) while when the rom is odexed it's just the original file but without all the extra information expanded.

(I hope someone can clean that up if it doesn't make sense!)

That does a pretty good job of it. Plus with the evo having way more memory then the lower end phones if your root just grab deodex.You'll be happier in the end cause it sucks to set everything up and then find out you have to wipe everything to flash a different version.

To show some love for the dev. around here, this is links to almost stock roms with just some tweaks or min. adjustments.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...ta-3-70-651-1-deodexed-fast-almost-stock.html
or
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/49106-rom-rebirth-ac-rom-ashes.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek