New Market APK

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am running a custom Rom, and wanted to know if theres anyways I can install the new market myself since the rom I am using doesnt have this..?:(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am running a custom Rom, and wanted to know if theres anyways I can install the new market myself since the rom I am using doesnt have this..?:(

try this jesse it worked for me,,,settings>applications>manage applications>market
clear cache and uninstall updates.
open market it it will ask you to accept the agreement.
reboot your device and open and close the market a couple times hopefully it will search for the newest updates since you uninstalled the old ones.

please let me know if this worked for you

EDIT, wait are you saying it doesnt have the market at all? or just not the new one?

Reactions: jnl813

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This didn't work for me. I cleared the app cache for Market, but I didn't see an option to uninstall any updates for it. I rebooted the phone and relaunched the Market app a few times and nada. Not sure if this is becasue I am running a custom ROM (CM6) or not, but I still have the old Market app installed.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This didn't work for me. I cleared the app cache for Market, but I didn't see an option to uninstall any updates for it. I rebooted the phone and relaunched the Market app a few times and nada. Not sure if this is becasue I am running a custom ROM (CM6) or not, but I still have the old Market app installed.
I'm quite sure eventually your market will update itself. Opening the market a few times will definitely trigger the update.

Ps. Turning off the device and remove/reinsert the battery is a plus too.

Good luck

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

So your page doesnt look like this?
snap20101229_165155.png

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So your page doesnt look like this?
snap20101229_165155.png

The Market version that is loaded in the CM6 ROM is 1.82 and this button is not there. All I have is Force Stop, Uninstall (which is grayed out), Clear Data, Move to SD card, Clear Cache (which is now grayed out since I clicked it already), and Clear Defaults (which is also grayed out). I'm guessing the the CM6 ROM comes with a version of the Market that is not updated. It's just strange that I am not getting an update pushed down for it. I have seen the Market app update (as mentioned in the thread) with other SuperSonic ROM images but that's not happening with the new CM6 ROM.

Partyman

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Market version that is loaded in the CM6 ROM is 1.82 and this button is not there. All I have is Force Stop, Uninstall (which is grayed out), Clear Data, Move to SD card, Clear Cache (which is now grayed out since I clicked it already), and Clear Defaults (which is also grayed out). I'm guessing the the CM6 ROM comes with a version of the Market that is not updated. It's just strange that I am not getting an update pushed down for it. I have seen the Market app update (as mentioned in the thread) with other SuperSonic ROM images but that's not happening with the new CM6 ROM.

Mine is the same, can't get the new update either.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I mean yes it will update on itself, I have seen this with 2 different Roms, ( CM, and MYNs) but I decided to go ahead and customizeit a little more. And if you dont want to wait, just go to the link I posted above.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's day 2 with the CM6 ROM and still no market update. I have opened the market app at least 30 times and still nothing. Guess I will hit up jesse813's link and try that. Thanks!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how that goes, I love my Black Market!!!! Works flawlessly. BTW I did this all through my phone and didnt have to use a comp.