How do I get Gingerbread on My rooted EVO?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to flash a development rom. There are several available in the htc evo xda forums.

Before you go there, you'll need to be proficient with working with your recovery, by doing nandroid backups, flashing roms, flashing mods etc. If you cant do that, you shouldnt try flashing a development rom

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I know that you just rooted. Also being fresh at this, I would be cautious installing these development roms like this. From what I understand, they are ported over from other devices (gingerbread has not been released for the Evo yet) so you are risking losing functionality of some of your phones features.

If and when I flash a rom like this, I would expect that not everything will function properly. Why not try some of the other more stable roms first?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I know that you just rooted. Also being fresh at this, I would be cautious installing these development roms like this. From what I understand, they are ported over from other devices (gingerbread has not been released for the Evo yet) so you are risking losing functionality of some of your phones features.

If and when I flash a rom like this, I would expect that not everything will function properly. Why not try some of the other more stable roms first?

I agree 100%

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
I agree 100%

4th that lol these early gingerbread roms are really for some people with high end skills trying to give feedback and help the community so that stable gingerbread roms can be produced (or we are just curious ;)... ). But for now just stick to something stable if your new...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze