Noob question regarding custom roms

awhitt10

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Are there any roms that currently comply with wireless hotspot/4g/hid bluetooth? I want to tether 4g network to my laptop and also be able to pair my wii remote to play my nes roms on evo.

Currently running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 Supersonic

awhitt10

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay thanks. Yea the Bluetooth for wiimote is kind of a deal-breaker for me. The concept of being able to play super tecmo bowl on my phone with a controller is pretty exciting. hopefully i find a rom that meets these conditions

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh okay thanks. Yea the Bluetooth for wiimote is kind of a deal-breaker for me. The concept of being able to play super tecmo bowl on my phone with a controller is pretty exciting. hopefully i find a rom that meets these conditions

I've seen this before, right after the EVO first came out. I think you can do this on any rooted ROM. I wish I knew where it was to show you but I'm sure google can help you out here.

awhitt10

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank Fred. I am running cyanogenmod 6.1.2 supersonic but it doesnt have 4G on it unfortunately. plus bluetooth is a bit buggy. Despite setting key mappings only direction pad works. The A and B buttons dont respond during games. Its hard to beat Mario when you can not jump lol

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank Fred. I am running cyanogenmod 6.1.2 supersonic but it doesnt have 4G on it unfortunately. plus bluetooth is a bit buggy. Despite setting key mappings only direction pad works. The A and B buttons dont respond during games. Its hard to beat Mario when you can not jump lol

LOL, I wonder if there's an app you can get for this.

CM6 is getting 4G, it's in alpha right now but it's out and it works. It's getting cleaned up everyday so it won't be too much longer hopefully.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Cyanogen has nothing ported over from Sense. If you quickly go through the ROMs on XDA in the Evo forums, you'll see lots of Sense based roms.

Even AOSP roms (like CM) but that are based off the Sprint/HTC base, and have Sense removed, will have the Sprint apps available either in the rom or as an optional install. This includes Sprint TV, Telenav, Quickoffice, Hotspot, etc. Oh, and everyone who includes Sprint hotspot removes any restrictions.

The advantage for CM is speed and a pure Google experience. If you want Sprint/HTC stuff in there, you'll have to use something that originates from the Sprint/HTC base.

Good luck.

Reactions: awhitt10

awhitt10

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Using a sense rom will i be able to still use BT to pair wiimote? and will i be subject to the $30/month for the hotspot?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Using a sense rom will i be able to still use BT to pair wiimote? and will i be subject to the $30/month for the hotspot?

I already noted hotspot functionality in my other post. And since I was speaking in general terms only, you should check out the rom itself and its list of features.

For bluetooth pairing with a wiimote, you should look up the page where it instructed you how to do that in the first place. To me, that's the most logical place to see if that feature can be implemented or has been tested with other ROMs.

Good luck...

awhitt10

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
i figured out my pairing issues. turns out that it must be paired through the wii remote app and then key-mapped through the rom. (did both steps only on wiimote application) I think I may wait till cyanogen wimax beta releases or for possible tethering for the 4G.

Infinity and beyond........V

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty