Best ROM to flash?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the Evo, but the best way to find the best roms for any phone is to read all you can about the different roms prior to trying them. Pretty much all the bugs will be listed in the forum thread for that rom. Everyone has their favorites. As long as you make a backup prior to flashing you should be able to go back if you don't like the rom you are trying.

pageld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Here's a nice wiki I use to keep track of the current state of roms.

HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

Personally, I'm a fan of CyanogenMod and Fresh. Cyan is fast and a pure google experience, but it doesn't have 4g...yet! That means it doesn't include sense either.

Fresh is basically a suped up rooted sense rom that I use if I need 4g access temporarily.

My best advice is the same as smitty, read up on them and give them a try.

MOST IMPORTANT PIECE: Always remember to make a nandroid backup first.

Reactions: mhuggins

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few of the Cyanogen ROMs but they haven't been very stable over the course of a few days (no offense to those of you that may have it working with no issues at all, just my experience). I am now running ValePack, which is a nice combo between stock and vanilla (non Sense). Guess you really need to try a few to see what you like best. I would have stayed with Cyanogen if I could get it to work for more than 2 days.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ive rooted my Evo, but im still running everything Stock. Which is the best ROM to flash? Thanks.

Get ROM manager and try out as many as you can and back up the ones you like. I don't think anyone can really tell YOU what is the best.. Everyone has their favorite... I enjoyed Baked Snack, Vaelpak and Fresh.... For one reason or another I had issues with CM when I first rooted and never really got to try it.. I was running Fresh's latest release until a week ago.. I had to unroot :( and take my phone to Sprint... They ordered me a warranty replacement that is coming next week... The touch screen has been shorting out (or that was the final result after the Sprint tech's had my phone for almost 3 hours) They couldn't repair it so warranty replacement is coming from HTC and then it's rooted and back to flashing again...

You also need to find out what features each ROM is capable of... I think at one point CM did not support 4G or HDMI... That was another reason I went with Baked and Fresh... (not the HDMI but the 4G part)

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm a fan of CyanogenMod and Fresh. Cyan is fast and a pure google experience, but it doesn't have 4g...yet! That means it doesn't include sense either.

To me, that's a deal-breaker. I'm in a very good 4G metro area and don't want to lose it now that I have it. Also, I do not wish to lose sense. Hopefully, the developers of CyanogenMod will release an updated version of their ROM that includes 4G and sense.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I am running Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo RLS 5 and I am absolutely loving it! It is quick and looks great. I am also getting amazing battery life out of my EVO with it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm running myns rls5 to on my dinc which is the same Rom as the evo just ported over and its the best IMO.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just start flashing till you find something you like with titanium backup and nandroid you can get back to an old ROM or get a new one up and running in just a few minutes. Your rooted the hard part is over now enjoy the variety until you find one you like. As for me Myan, Calkulin, and Cyanogen are my favorites.

Later,
Dave

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I also live in a good 4g area, but found I rarely used it due to the fact that it sucks up the battery. I've tried just about every rom out of there and always go back to Cyanogen Mod. I'm using 6.1 as 7 isn't an official release by the CM team and though it's good it has bugs that I don't want to deal with right now.

MIUI is probably my second favorite. I'm not a big fan of sense personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12