Couple of problems with CyanogenMod 6.1.2

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
So last night I installed cyanogen 6.1.2. supersonic and LOVE it.

I installed through ROM Manger (clockwork?) and did a wipe (when it prompt me to) on the install.

I've been using cyanogen and noticed 2 problems so far.

Using the stock message app when i reboot the phone all my texts are wiped out, so I come back to a "clean slate" with not a single one of my texts.. how do i fix this?

2nd, when I hold "1" to get to my voicemail it just rings and then gives me a recorded message " the feature code you entered is not valid, message 1 switch 597"

any help would be really great, thank you!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I highly suggest you use handcent or chompSMS for sms messaging on CM roms, I've never heard of your particular problem but would just suggest that for the overall experience and other problems people have with the default app.

You have to change your voicemail number to get 1 to work. Go to menu > settings > call settings > voicemail settings > hit the drop down and change the number to your phone number.

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Would that be my personal mobile number or the sprint voicemail number? I can't remember what the sprint vm. Number is and its not in my contacts.

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It would be your personal number ...I had the same problem myself...then I just started using Google Voice instead

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks you guys. I was able to install the sprint visual voicemail so all is good there. I DO get a text though from "9016" thought anytime I get a voicemail.. any way to fix this?

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Download "Super private Conversation" from the market, open that up and add 9016 to the blacklist. Works like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34