Problem: Cyanogenmod symbol cycling over and over

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new here obviously. I tried searching for a solution to my problem but could not find one.

I rooted a couple weeks back with unrEVOked and have been chillin' with the stock ROM. wanted more.

I used ROM Manager to flash the clockworkmod recovery, then used it to download and install CM 6.1.2. Everything backed up as it should (or so it seems). Then, the phone rebooted. It took a while on the htc EVO 4g screen... Then up came the Cyanogen Mod symbol with the android bot and the circled arrow around it with the little "comet" orbiting the symbol. It orbited for a while, then suddenly stopped, the symbol went away, and then pops back up and starts over. It's done this like 100 times and I can't get it to stop. My battery might die soon and I don't have a charger with me, I hope if it dies my phone isn't bricked.

Any idea what happened or how to fix it? I'm totally at a loss here, a noob at all this. Thanks SO MUCH for any help, and flaming if I did something stupid.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Your phone is not bricked. Did you tell ROM Manager to wipe data before installation?

power off your phone (battery pull in this loop probably)

hold the volume down button and power button until a white screen pops up, select recovery.

In recovery, select erase all user data, then go to partitions and erase: /system /boot /data /sd-ext

and then go to install zip from sd card and find the zip in the clockworkmod folder on your sdcard (it will be labeled like cm_update 6.1.2 or something).

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks a ton. I didn't get to read your post, but decided to try a battery pull and full restore from recovery, so now i'm back on the stock rom. I have now backed up with titanium and am going to try again. I didn't do the wipe before, which seems to have been the problem.

On the downside, it seems I may have broken my 4G with my dumb little escapade this morning. It no longer connects. Simply says "scanning... connecting to Sprint.... Disconnected. Scanning..." etc.

Might try the MynWarm rom instead for kicks and giggles, and since if I can get my 4g working again, it'll work with that ROM.

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Now running CM 6.1.2. It's nice, but I really prefer the looks of a darker rom--this thing has WAY too much silver and gray. Need more black and blue.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Now running CM 6.1.2. It's nice, but I really prefer the looks of a darker rom--this thing has WAY too much silver and gray. Need more black and blue.

Check out Bliss HD in the themes forum at XDA, it's very dark and sleek. I love it.

Also, you may just need to update your data profile for your 4G issue.

You can verify your 4G keys are still in tact from adb shell or a terminal on the phone (in su mode) and typing:

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 | grep RSA

As long as the last lines say BEGIN RSA KEY & END RSA KEYS your 4G is fine.