Issue with low signal strength on CM 6

jrvjr

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I flashed CM 6, i love the ROm, but I have an issue on the signal strenght. Is this common with you guys on CM6 or do I need to do something to get better signal strength? I used to have full bars at home with stock and when I first Rooted on Unrevoked now I have half. Any help?:confused:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Your holding it wrong! just kidding.

CM6 measures the signal strength more truly than a Sense ROM will. Something about -Db measurements but I can't remember exactly what it was.

jrvjr

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It affects downloads and internet surfing...phone calls are not as crisp as before. I wonder if I could go back to initially rooting and see if i notice a difference.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd put the speedtest on and see what what results you get.

Also have you tried updating your radios and PRL through a sense based ROM.

Sometimes after you root you get knocked down to really old radio software.

jrvjr

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I restored to the first time I rooted and the info signal when up. Also downloads and web surfing sped up. I wonder what the difference was? i had CM 6 supersonic....What you guys think?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I restored to the first time I rooted and the info signal when up. Also downloads and web surfing sped up. I wonder what the difference was? i had CM 6 supersonic....What you guys think?

I think that the Sprint/HTC software gives you a better reading of what you have.

I would of done a comparison of like 5 speed tests results on each rom just to track everything and see if there was any difference.

jrvjr

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Cool. im gonna try it. i gonna do my part for the community :) . i have it saved on the sd..do i down load the speedtest of the market?

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
what are good speeds to go off? with CM6.1.2. right now I'm getting:

PING: 158ms
DOWNLOAD: 491 KBPS
UPLOAD: 482 KBPS

is that decent? maybe I should update my radios?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
what are good speeds to go off? with CM6.1.2. right now I'm getting:

PING: 158ms
DOWNLOAD: 491 KBPS
UPLOAD: 482 KBPS

is that decent? maybe I should update my radios?

That ping seems a little high but it really depends on your location, if you're moving or not, etc. There's a lot that goes in to it.

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
CM signal strength appears lower than stock, it shows more of a true signal strength. I used to have full or -1 bar on stock all the time, and on cyanogen i rarely have above 2 at my house. My connection is still the same though. Speeds are fine. If you think pages are loading slower it could be a placebo effect.

Run the speedtest like 3 times on cyanogen and 3 times on stock, compare results.