[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the camera freeze issue on nightlies 29 and 30. I'm back on 28 until it gets resolved. I need a vid camera to catch my son doing new things. Otherwise I think cm7 seems about done.

dysrhythmic

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I am unable to install apk downloaded from websites (amazon app store) with the latest nightly build (30). The install button in the apk is not able to be clicked. I can click the cancel button just fine, though. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is how I did it.

Go to Facebook on your PC. Go to events on the upper left, then friends events or birthdays, depending on what you want.
Then scroll to the bottom, and click export events. A link will pop up, copy that.

Now bring up google calender on your PC and on the lower left hand side is an area to add another calender. Paste the URL where it says paste URL.

All your FB stuff should now be linking to your calenders, even if you're on an AOSP Rom.

*edit of course on your phone in accounts and sync your gmail calender will need to be checked to be synced.

This should be in the FAQ!

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this annoying bug. It starts where the symbols don't show up when you press and hold the "." button. Then later it results in the keyboard not showing up. I text a lot and this is really really annoying. It goes away after a reboot but with time, it comes back.
snap20110326_104721.png

The black space is where the keyboard should be.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
That is the first I've heard of this. I also text alot and use the same feature but never ran into that.

Have you tried to clear cache & delvik?
Just a thought

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That is the first I've heard of this. I also text alot and use the same feature but never ran into that.

Have you tried to clear cache & delvik?
Just a thought

I clear the cache and Dalvik (but not data) every time I flash a new nightly which has been...well nightly for a month. I'm on #28 right now though. It's been happening since the first CM7 rom I flashed: RC2.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I clear the cache and Dalvik (but not data) every time I flash a new nightly which has been...well nightly for a month. I'm on #28 right now though. It's been happening since the first CM7 rom I flashed: RC2.

If nothing else seems to work then maybe try a fresh reinstall (data, cache, dalvik). I know it might be a pain to get everything back to the way you like it, but that might be the only fix.

Anybody know if 31 has the camcorder fix?

I'm downloading now. I'll report when I get a chance.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If nothing else seems to work then maybe try a fresh reinstall (data, cache, dalvik). I know it might be a pain to get everything back to the way you like it, but that might be the only fix.

I'm downloading now. I'll report when I get a chance.

I'll just try that. I'll just use Mybackup Root, it won't be that bad setting up. I just think it's weird that it happens to me all the time and to no one else.

Anybody know if 31 has the camcorder fix?

Camcorder worked fine for me on #31.

tempest111

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got 31 and can't get wireless tether working. Anyone know why? Thanks.

Update: I still couldn't get wireless tether working, but i read somewhere that i should uninstall it, reboot, then use the built in tethering app in Settings-wireless & networks-tethering and portable hotspot. Sure enough, that works.

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got 31 and can't get wireless tether working. Anyone know why? Thanks.

I'm on 31 and it is working for me. I'm using it now on my laptop. Some times you got to let it run for a few.

When I just started the hotspot it connected but it said limited access. I let it sit for a few (like 15 - 30 secs) and then I gain full access.

I don't know about others but this happens to me just about ever time I use it. I always get connected when I do use it.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with GPS?

Some have trouble with gps. If yours isn't finding your location there is a known workaround for that.

Do this:

1 - Go to the Market and download the app: MSL Reader
2 - Use this app to get your MSL #
2 - Flash any Sense ROM
3 - Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX# (##4772579#)
4 - Enter the MSL Number from above
5 - Your phone will automatically reboot in 10 seconds
6 - Still in Sense, go to maps and let it lock. Go into recovery.
7 - Flash CM7

Some say to leave the gps on after adding the number. I haven't had any problems so I never tried this but others have and reported that it does work.

Hope it works for you :)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery drained 30% overnight, is this normal? In the last sense Rom I used to run it only drained about 3%.

No that isn't normal. You can go into spare parts -> battery history -> other usage -> partial wake and it will show what has been using the most power. You can also tap on the name of whatever is using the most and it will tell how long it has been running.

I let mine sit over night and I have also been on facebook, text, emails and surfed the net some and I"m just now at 70%. My phone has been on the battery for 16.5 hrs

beatstork

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No that isn't normal. You can go into spare parts -> battery history -> other usage -> partial wake and it will show what has been using the most power. You can also tap on the name of whatever is using the most and it will tell how long it has been running.

I let mine sit over night and I have also been on facebook, text, emails and surfed the net some and I"m just now at 70%. My phone has been on the battery for 16.5 hrs

Under sensor it says that my dialer camera and gallery have been running for over an hour, which I haven't used. The drainage indicator for those three is at half. And the running time is exactly the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781