[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Cyanogenmod for the Htc Evo 4G

Cyanogenmod is a ROM developed for multiple devices based off the Android Open Source Project. This ROM has been ported to multiple devices including the Evo 4G and is based off the current version of Android, Gingerbread. This ROM is NOT based off of "Sense UI" and is not a official build of Android for the Evo. This is stock Android at its core and will not have certain features of the stock Evo ROM such as Htc Widgets, Htc Apps, and other proprietary software.

The latest version of Cyanogenmod can be found here:
Official Cyanogenmod Site
Or on the Cyanogen mirrors Here

It can also be found through ROM Manager in the Android Market:
ROM Manager

FAQ

What do I have to do to get Cyanogenmod on my phone?
The first step is to have root access. To root your phone, many stickies in the Android Central Forums are available and can be found here.

Does 4G/HDMI work?
WiMax is now fully intergrated and working better than ever!
HDMI is still not included with this ROM but third party solutions are available, such as HDMwIn & FullHDMI.

What are nightlies?
"Nightlies" are builds official builds of Cyanogenmod that are compiled and released nightly. These builds are often unstable and may have bugs. They are available on the Cyanogenmod site or through ROM Manager Premium.

What happened to my clock widget and peep widget?
Sense widgets are not available on AOSP ROMs due too the fact that they are proprietary software and based off the Sense UI which is not available in Cyanogenmod. There are many other services such as Beautiful Widgets and Launcher Pro that have widgets similar to Sense.

I don't have the market app once I flashed Cyanogenmod...
This is due to the fact that Cyanogenmod does not include "Gapps" (Google Apps) in the ROM. These must be flashed separately and can be found on the HERE or if you are flashing via Rom Manager, these will be available also.

Custom Kernels

-Tiamat

-Savaged-Zen

ScreenShots

mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

Last edited:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Official CM7 Nightly Released

Index of /cm/supersonic/nightly/

Get the latest version.

Also if you manually download this and don't use ROM Manager, you'll probably want to grab Google Apps (market, gmail, etc.) you can get that here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Enjoy.

THIS IS A NIGHTLY - a system generated ROM that can and will most def. have errors, still if you want to be bleeding edge, dig in.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any problems should be posted in this thread. Hopefully other members that have flashed can help with it, since it's a little more involved than your standard ROM.

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After all but one hour so far, I am quite impressed with nightly! GPS is a little slow but works better than any of the previous gingerbread roms I have flashed. Had a few quirky things happen with screen navigation but this is looking good. Thanks for the heads up Androidcentral! :D

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Outside of the iffy GPS lock its been steller for me. Wondering how battery life will be though. Oh yeah I'm really liking the cut and paste added in.

AndroidFanatic84

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Perfect, and how do i go about loading it? Im pretty sure i know how, but it would be great just to have it confirmed. Im used to rooting the Hero and Moment..its been a while. lol

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Its very smooth for me. I haven't tried GPS yet (I don't really need to use it anyway) I like the black notification bar a lot. Its really fast too.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Perfect, and how do i go about loading it? Im pretty sure i know how, but it would be great just to have it confirmed. Im used to rooting the Hero and Moment..its been a while. lol

You can just install the zip from rom manager just don't choose to wipe anything or you can do it manually from recovery.
(I use rom manager because it's faster to find the file on my sdcard :) ).

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just go to Download ROM in ROM Manager Premium and look for CyanogenMod Nightlies at the bottom. Make sure you've made a backup and then your good to go. Make sure you tap the box to get the Google Apps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc