[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

lovebug170

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with google navigation after flashing to CM7? :'(

I personally love to use Google Navigation since it's real-time and tracks my movement. Ever since I flashed to CM7, when I'm in navigation, the blue arrow just stays where it is, I have to go to "route info" to see the directions. The blue arrow just does not move when I move anymore. I've tried to uninstall and re-install - no luck there. I also tried the gps status and toolbox app and it seems fine.

Any advice? I surely do hope this is not a bug within CM7, I do like the rom and would hate to flash back to stock rom..

Thanks!

kendallc123

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery problem?

So, I just flashed the CM7 NIGHTLY that release October 10, 2011. I am also using the Tiamat Evo v4.0.8 Kernel. The attached picture is a screenshot of my battery usage. It's like my phone never goes off.. Can someone help me fix this please?
Thanks!

P.S. I thought this was the appropriate forum to post in...

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery problem?

So, I just flashed the CM7 NIGHTLY that release October 10, 2011. I am also using the Tiamat Evo v4.0.8 Kernel. The attached picture is a screenshot of my battery usage. It's like my phone never goes off.. Can someone help me fix this please?
Thanks!

P.S. I thought this was the appropriate forum to post in...

theres kindof nothing wrong with the battery usage on the picture, (from the picture) it looks like you have half the battery left, and over 9hrs on it. those percentages just dhow what uses the battery the most from when you unplugged the charger to when you checked it. standby being high means you had the phone off mostly. standby is just the 3g or 4g used so it can still receive calls and texts.

kendallc123

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
theres kindof nothing wrong with the battery usage on the picture, (from the picture) it looks like you have half the battery left, and over 9hrs on it. those percentages just dhow what uses the battery the most from when you unplugged the charger to when you checked it. standby being high means you had the phone off mostly. standby is just the 3g or 4g used so it can still receive calls and texts.

Ok, I've never had the "phone idle" part that much. Ok, so it's nothing I need to worry about?

Thanks for the fast reply!

EDIT: I had my phone on airplane mode pretty much all day because I was in school and I don't get good service there.

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having navigation problems but different. Ever since I flashed 7 I no longer have google navigation and its not available in the market. how can I get it back?

LAhanger

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Still using an unrooted Evo 4G, and am I right to assume that I can now root using CM7, despite having the Gingerbread update on my phone? Or do I still need to use Revolutionary? TIA

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Trash the stock camera from the get go and use the MUIU Camera.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

Thanks! I'll give that a try when I find the apk. In the meantime, I discovered that attempting to initiate a Skype video chat (which never does initiate) is what consequently causes the stock camera app to crash.

thecarline

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I did some quick searching and didn't see it, sorry if this is a duplicate post:

Does Cm7 support wifi downloading of mms? I know on sense-based roms this can happen but its been a while since I've been on cm7.

ericande

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I finally flashed this after running Wam 2.2 for quite awhile. I'm running the latest stable release and have everything setup how I like it. I love the ROM, super fast and battery life is improved but there are two fatal flaws I can't resolve that I need to work as I use them daily. The first is the GPS, I know this was a problem in past iterations but I thought 7.1 had it totally fixed. It won't really find me at all, every once in awhile it'll lock in for a second but then it's gone again. The second problem is the wireless tether app. When I try to start it I get an error message that the tethering started with errors, in the log it failed at setting channel, setting essid, setting ad-hoc mode and activating wi-fi interface.

Are there permanent fixes for those two problems?

edit: found the answer to the wireless tether question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21