[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So I just download Rom manager.. Click download Rom. It asks me to install clockwork I click yes.. Then I go back in and download rom and select cynomagen nightlies build#0 and download that.. Go back in and just hit install rom from SD card and that's it? Seems to easy.. is it really that easy or am I missing something?

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Installed today. I'll check out sprint navigation tomorrow to test the GPS. Everything else seems to be working like it was with 6.1.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Installed the latest build on my Nexus One and GPS locked on in less than a second.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Have you tried the navigation app or just maps? Maps locks in within a second on the Evo as well, it is the navigation that is not working properly. It gets my location, but keeps searching for GPS, drops the connection regularly and does not update the route as you are traveling.

DevynMapes

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So I just download Rom manager.. Click download Rom. It asks me to install clockwork I click yes.. Then I go back in and download rom and select cynomagen nightlies build#0 and download that.. Go back in and just hit install rom from SD card and that's it? Seems to easy.. is it really that easy or am I missing something?

You need ROM Manager Premium to download and install CyanogenMod nightlies. Once you've flashed the Clockwork Recovery, just go to download rom, select nightlies under the premium section, and then hit the one you would like to install. Once its done downloading, it will prompt you to backup and or wipe data and cache, afterwords, it will ask for SU and then reboot and install.

Reactions: Freshy03

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
You need ROM Manager Premium to download and install CyanogenMod nightlies. Once you've flashed the Clockwork Recovery, just go to download rom, select nightlies under the premium section, and then hit the one you would like to install. Once its done downloading, it will prompt you to backup and or wipe data and cache, afterwords, it will ask for SU and then reboot and install.

This is my first time doing this.. Do I wipe data or can I just back up current rom and install it?

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use swype it says that swype is configured for another device and will perform with limited functionality. It worked just fine before cm7. Any ideas?

I haven't a clue. I just downloaded and installed it, got no errors, long clicked on a text field and switched input method.

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the HTC Widgets back after installing this.. Like friend stream widget and the favorites contact widget. I found the friend stream widget on 4shared but it doesn't let me install it

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the HTC Widgets back after installing this.. Like friend stream widget and the favorites contact widget. I found the friend stream widget on 4shared but it doesn't let me install it

This is an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) Rom. You will not be able to use your Sense widgets on it.

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
does this support wimax 4g yet?

currently i am using unrevoked 3
currently i have sprint lovers rom installed
currently i have rom manager installed free edition...

Can i flash to this?
Do i need to flash to stock first? I have hardware V4. came with 3.29.651.1 i think orginally then i did the ota to the new 3.70.651.x

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
does this support wimax 4g yet?

currently i am using unrevoked 3
currently i have sprint lovers rom installed
currently i have rom manager installed free edition...

Can i flash to this?
Do i need to flash to stock first? I have hardware V4. came with 3.29.651.1 i think orginally then i did the ota to the new 3.70.651.x

You can use rom manager to flash this! Don't forget to get Google Apps as well to bring those fun apps like gmail and the market back in to your phone :).

In Rom Manager when you select the zip, it'll prompt you to backup your current rom and wipe data, you don't need to backup your current ROM, but it's never a bad idea. You def. need to wipe data when going to CM.

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with the screen changing to landscape mode.. Everytime I put phone down it changes to landscape mode.. is there a way to adjust the calibration. Can't find it in settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool