[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
visual voicemail works.. I'm using it with CM7 right now

BUT, someone just sent me an MMS and it fails to download it. I can send them (tested this) but when i was sent one, it wont download.

hmm.. back to cm6?

hitman-_-45-_-

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
visual voicemail works.. I'm using it with CM7 right now

BUT, someone just sent me an MMS and it fails to download it. I can send them (tested this) but when i was sent one, it wont download.

hmm.. back to cm6?

Are you on wifi or cell? Reason I ask is I have trouble downloading mms over wifi.

hitman-_-45-_-

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
after installed cm7 how i can't restore my data and appl.

Did you back up your apps and data with titanium backup or another backup application? If not, I hope you at least made a nandroid backup. You might have to nandroid restore back to your previous rom, install titanium backup, backup apps and data with TB, bott into recovery, wipe everything, flash cm7, flash gapps, install TB, restore apps and data. I don't think TB saves sms messages so you might want to back them up using a sms backup app.

Last edited:

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
First time running nightlies. Do I need to dl and update GAPPS every time I install a new nightly?

And Sprint's VVM does work on CM7 on my EVO at least.

420-69

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
after flashing this nightly, it booted up fine, then i got to the start screen where it says tap the android to begin, and if i tap it or even wait a few seconds it goes back to the cyanogenmod loading screen, then it loads again to the tap the android screen, then the process keeps repeating in a loop, i couldnt get it to work so i restored back to myns 2.2 rls5

any ideas???

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
after flashing this nightly, it booted up fine, then i got to the start screen where it says tap the android to begin, and if i tap it or even wait a few seconds it goes back to the cyanogenmod loading screen, then it loads again to the tap the android screen, then the process keeps repeating in a loop, i couldnt get it to work so i restored back to myns 2.2 rls5

any ideas???

Did you wipe data and cache before installing the rom?

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got CM7! No problems yet! And I love the screen on/off animation! And the boot animation!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
GPS not fully functional for me either. Running 01172011. MMS works both sending and receiving. I think GPS is the only thing I am missing from 6.1. Great job especially for a nightly.

nttdemented

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
GPS is sort of hit or miss at this time. Everything else is working perfectly for me. Have gotten a force close here and there in launcher pro but everything, including heavy 3d games like Dungeon Defenders have worked without a hiccup and with the same performance we used to have in CM6 (wich in Dungeon Defenders isn't so great, but hey, it works and I'm enjoying it!).

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got a notification that there is an update to the rom.. Build#5.. Do I have to wipe my data each time I update the build?

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got a notification that there is an update to the rom.. Build#5.. Do I have to wipe my data each time I update the build?

No, it's not necessary.

Been running build #0 since 5 am (central time) and now have 34% batt left, with light use. Everything runs smooth, but had a random reboot.
Downloading # 5 now..we'll see how that goes

Reactions: Freshy03

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not necessary.

Been running build #0 since 5 am (central time) and now have 34% batt left, with light use. Everything runs smooth, but had a random reboot.
Downloading # 5 now..we'll see how that goes

I just installed the update to build #5 from build#3.. Well I think I did but don't see any difference