[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
For anyone having issues with GPS/Navigation try this. It is the only thing that has fixed it for me and now both lock quickly and work.

Download GPS Status from market

Go into Settings - GPS & Sensors - Manage A-GPS state - Reset. Then do Download.

For now I'm getting fast and accurate locks. Will report back if that changes.

Reactions: swissarmy

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
For anyone having issues with GPS/Navigation try this. It is the only thing that has fixed it for me and now both lock quickly and work.

Go into Settings - GPS & Sensors - Manage A-GPS state - Reset. Then do Download.

Thanks for the tip! I will give this a try.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site

For me it was not under settings but under tools instead. Thanks for the tip. Will test it in just a minute with nav.

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Running the latest build as of last night. The fail - if-more-than-one-text message long is super annoying especially since it doesn't show a character counter while typing so I have to guess. Other than that though,my wifi isn't working. I haven't tried GPS. Thinking about going back to myn warm until an official ota comes out.

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
GPS not working either even after following the steps above. I don't use GPS much, but it's gonna be frustrating when i DO need it...

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
New nightly wifi is not working and adw launcher keeps force closing. So I rebooted into recovery and went back to build #5 and now my phone reboots like every hour :(.. Any help would be appreciated.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
GPS not working either even after following the steps above. I don't use GPS much, but it's gonna be frustrating when i DO need it...

I can confirm this as well. It worked for me on e fresh boot and has since stopped following the steps I listed. At least I was able to use the GPS once since these nightlies.

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh Well, No working GPS for me either. For a beta these are still incredible and I still have been flashing each night. One of these nights we will be surprised and victorious!

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So... Latest Nightly (#7)

GPS and Wi Fi are still broken
Vliingo keeps FCing on me.

Also, any good way to get the latest radios that will flash with Clockwork Mod 3x and how does one wipe just Dalvik and Cache?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I've got Wi Fi working.... I installed the latest radios and did a cache / dalvik cache wipes. I haven't had a chance to test GPS since the change. Vliingo is still FCing on me.

Last edited:

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
After flashing # 7 When I am running quadrant I am getting a black screen on certain tests (dungeon walkthrough and earth). I am seeing the yellow pattern at the beginning and the twirly thing at the end.
anybody else notice this ?

Everything else works fine except the known ones GPS,4g,HDMI .
I also noticed the team added a changelog in the cyanogenmod settings.

Last edited:

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
After flashing # 7 When I am running quadrant I am getting a black screen on certain tests (dungeon walkthrough and earth). I am seeing the yellow pattern at the beginning and the twirly thing at the end.
anybody else notice this ?

Everything else works fine except the known ones GPS,4g,HDMI .
I also noticed the team added a changelog in the cyanogenmod settings.

I am getting the same. On earlier builds it wouldn't even complete, it would just crash back to the start screen.

I do finally seem to have the GPS semi fixed in the latest build. Navigation will lock on location, but it seems to take forever, like 45 seconds-minute to lock.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
So... Latest Nightly (#7)

GPS and Wi Fi are still broken
Vliingo keeps FCing on me.

Also, any good way to get the latest radios that will flash with Clockwork Mod 3x and how does one wipe just Dalvik and Cache?

Thanks!

GPS is still hammered, but WiFi working well on CM7 #7 for me.

Flashable radios can be found in a thread on xda.

To wipe regular and Dalvik caches without also wiping data, you need to work directly in Recovery, not ROM manager. In Clockworkmod Recovery:
1. main menu:wipe cache partition
2. main menu:advanced:wipe dalvik

then flash your ROM in Recovery also (you don't want to boot back into Android and use ROM manager because that would rebuild both caches with info from your current ROM, defeating the whole wipe process.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Flashable radios can be found in a thread on xda.

Those won't flash for me. I assumed it's because I'm on Clockwork Mod 3x which dropped support for the AMEND scripting language in favor EDIFY.

Wi Fi still isn't working for me under build #7 but I'm wondering if it's because it wants the new radio?

Thanks for the info on Clockwork Recovery. I haven't played around in there that much.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
For whatever it's worth, I've got WiFi sleep policy on "never", and I am running what I believe to be the latest radio: 2.15.00.11.19. Maybe that's the difference in what we're seeing?

Why won't the radio zip(s) flash? You're S-off, right? Maybe just a bad download?

Reactions: gksmithlcw

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Why won't the radio zip(s) flash? You're S-off, right? Maybe just a bad download?

The radios won't flash because I'm using Clockwork Recovery version 3.0.0.5 which does not support the Amend scripting language. See here.

At least that's my assumption.

I can't use a different recovery because CM7 requires that recovery and Rom Manager seems to believe that Clockwork Recovery v2.6.0.1 is the current version now so I can't flash an alternative and then kick back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz