[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The battery percentage in the status bar hasnt been brought over from CM6 yet.

There is no official changelog for nightlys, but ill try to keep everyone in this thread updated.

New in build 22 - Build in CPU controls under perfomance settings, Battery % on lockscreen all the time under interface settings, and phone goggles which is an app under applications in Cm settings that filters out-going information and secures your phone from grubby hands :p

GPS is working for me, but its still iffy.
Some other technical stuff, but thats the stuff you'll see.

If you're able to keep up with all the changelogs for these regular updates, you are (will be if keeping up with them) the man!

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
GPS FIX: DO THIS AND YOUR GPS WORRIES ARE OVER.

You will need:
1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone (I had Fresh 3.5.1)
2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
2. Have CM7 (build 17 worked for me) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card

Steps:
1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.

5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 2.6.0.1)
6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash CM7 b17 from your sd-card or whatever version you want.
9. Flash gapps
10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness

I can't get credit for this, but it works and you can thank me when it does for you.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So u should flash the sense Rom and do the hash tag patch work and once it reboots flash back to ur cm7 rom? Or how does the cm7 rom play in if not in that step process?

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Have been trying to get one of these themes to work but just getting bootloops and no responses to my requests for advice. Running CM7 build 18 and using CW recovery v 3.0.0.5 per instructions. Trying to use the Bliss theme....anyone???

I did an earlier post to install Themes correctly if it's boot looping. Here it is again.

1. Install choice of theme to your computer
2. Copy the Theme to phone SD folder "CMTheme" , check, it's on your SD card.
3. Download latest nightly rom or recover your favorite. Do clean install.
2. Wipe Davik and Cache after install.
3. Install from SD card - CmTheme/Your saved theme/
4. reboot and your good to go.

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So u should flash the sense Rom and do the hash tag patch work and once it reboots flash back to ur cm7 rom? Or how does the cm7 rom play in if not in that step process?

You need to get the MSL number read from the sense ROM and dial it from your sense dialer. Like i said, I can't take credit for this write up but I can tell you it will fix the GPS locking and unlocking issues and bring it back to working like sense stock.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So just to further clarify, will the msl reader not work correctly if I check it while running a cm7 rom? I'm thinking it's just important to enter setting changes while in the sense rom.

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So i went to go update my Facebook and this message pops up "Package file was not signed correctly".

Can someone help me out here? Just to let you know I'm using Build 18

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So just to further clarify, will the msl reader not work correctly if I check it while running a cm7 rom? I'm thinking it's just important to enter setting changes while in the sense rom.

I haven't tried MSL reset using CM7 Rom, but you can give it a whirl and let me know how it turns out. This is a quick fix that works on any version of Cm7 nightly until we get a stable release from XDA, which I'm sure they'll get everything working soon including WiMax. In the meantime, this will relieve alot of frustrated users that are experiencing problems with GPS and want GPS working now. I recommend wipe cache & Davik for every new nightly update. GPS works perfectly. I'm currently on #22

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So i went to go update my Facebook and this message pops up "Package file was not signed correctly".

Can someone help me out here? Just to let you know I'm using Build 18

can you be more specific? update Facebook? like from the market? are you using Facebook for Android?

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I did an earlier post to install Themes correctly if it's boot looping. Here it is again.

1. Install choice of theme to your computer
2. Copy the Theme to phone SD folder "CMTheme" , check, it's on your SD card.
3. Download latest nightly rom or recover your favorite. Do clean install.
2. Wipe Davik and Cache after install.
3. Install from SD card - CmTheme/Your saved theme/
4. reboot and your good to go.

Do I skip #3 if I already have the latest nightly build? Please advise.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I had no problem getting my MSL with MSL reader while still in CM7. :)

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
can you be more specific? update Facebook? like from the market? are you using Facebook for Android?

Yes when i went to update "Facebook for Android" from the Market Place the message "Package file was not signed correctly" pops up. It still allows me to try it again but the same message pops up

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
GPS FIX: DO THIS AND YOUR GPS WORRIES ARE OVER.

You will need:
1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone (I had Fresh 3.5.1)
2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
2. Have CM7 (build 17 worked for me) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card

Steps:
1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.

5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 2.6.0.1)
6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash CM7 b17 from your sd-card or whatever version you want.
9. Flash gapps
10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness

I can't get credit for this, but it works and you can thank me when it does for you.

Can you just flash back to a cm7 backup after doing this? I don't really want to start all over again

fishtank#AC

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting FC with voice search? I really miss it and I don't want to uninstall search to reinstall since I have heard of issues with mapping the search button once you remove the app. Any ideas?
If you clear the data for the Voice Search, that will take care of the issue. At least it did for me.

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where the themes from theme chooser are located at in the rom?

Found the themes, can't find the wallpaper associated with the themes though.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463