[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm running into a problem with the market not downloading anything after a while. Gapps install and then CM app restore does some but it stops and then nothing is able to download from market. I've tried the usual clear data from market.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Please do cause i would like to know what's going on with each build cause I'm still on build 18

Update to 23, you might as well. A lot of stuff has been thrown in, a wipe is not needed, and its as stable too.

I dont see much in 23, a new music widget and some behind the scenes stuff + translations.

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been testing the build #22 today and it's pretty amazing. There's definitely a battery tweak. I ran 14 hours, phone call, email, gps, text, internet, my usual daily routine. I'm still at 48%. WTF.

Menu/Settings/Cyanogen Setting/Performance/CPU Setting/Max CPU freq. I got it set at max 1113 MHz and this phone rocks. The Min Freq. i have it at default 245 Mhz.

The only issue i had was NAV force closing upon starting a few times but minor issue at this point. I'm too lazy to fresh install Maps...haha. Far as the WiFi going to sleep issue, I resolved it by resetting my router for every new build I downloaded and no issue so far. I need WiMax, anyone have any ideas with CM7?

Tonay, I think it's time you flashed build#22 on top of #18, go for it, it's time #22 is a good one.

soonsoon

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you just flash back to a cm7 backup after doing this? I don't really want to start all over again

you want your GPS working or not? just follow the instructions!!

..j/k..Yes, no problem just flashing back to your CM7. I hope it worked for you.

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I Just updated to CM7 #23 and its SOOOooooo sweet! I went from Fresh, myn's, to now this. Great work! If another build comes out tomorrow or the next day do I just install it without doing the wipe data?

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Just saw cm tweet! Man I can't wait. Hey guys this might sound dumb but the gps fix should work on stock right? If so I think I'm gonna revert back to the start and just flip between #23 and stock for awhile. That way I'll just have two nands on the sd. I've been needing the 4g AND the camera lately. Anyone else running the 004 build here? If so you guys flashed any different linux kernals on the nightlies?Thanks in advance guys!

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for not prowling the forum for this. I am freezing! Texas is not used to cold weather and we always go from HOT to FREEZING in a minute! A quick fix would help as I am not getting ANY heat in my office right now!

Cheers again

thepctech

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with the calendar app. I can not get it to show any data from Facebook. It use to show all upcoming birthdays, now there is nothing. Is there a setting somewhere that syncs that from data from Facebook to the internal calendar tool?

I know it is not a big deal, and I love the latest build, it seems so fast, and very stable. Thanks for all of the work on this. Top notch work!

One question about the CPU scaling? I see that there is a min and a max setting, I use tools like this on my laptop to extend batt life. My question is if I set max to 800 and min to 300, for batt strength less then 80%. Does it pick any cpu speed in between 300 & 800 based on load? Or does it just drop to 300 when there is nothing eating cycles, and back to max of 800 then the CPU is busy? It seems like that is what is what it is doing. If so, it could be better by scaling the CPU as needed to meet the needs of the processes (load) up to max.

ThePCTech

Last edited:

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So we lose the ringtone trimmer by flashing this rom, anyone found a good alternative to making/trimming the music on device for assigning to a contact? The couple apps I tried this afternoon trim but I couldn't find where the files were being saved

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae