Apps stop working after Day (rooted)

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After rooting my phone finally( 21 page thread ) I flashed Myn's Warm2.2 with wimax(etc) attachment and its working brilliantly! I installed many apps immediately and some stopped working after 1 day. I JUST NOTICED TODAY THE MARKET PLACE IS GREEN AND NO LONGER BLACK WHICH IS PART OF MYN'S CUSTOM ROM . I liked Sprint Tv so I Reinstalled it and it says only accessible to Sprint Users. The last app that stopped working is the book one, and the icon just changed into a little green android. The part that concers me the most is the capitalized sentence. Thank for your help and ever reading this far

-wtfm8

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I read on another thread that the market changing to green is because the market got an update that wrote over the custom black market in Myn's rom.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's the post I was referring to:

Yesterday, 10:12 AM
OrangeGTP
Android Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasRich
Any idea what I did to the market app. It was black with white writing. Now its back to the original white with black writing

you did nothing...there was an update to it and it automatically downloaded and installed...the newest is version 2.2.11.....so it lost the black theme in the process.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Something went wrong when you root the phone. Unroot and try again. Or better yet - stay at stock. Less complications and mishaps.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
After rooting my phone finally( 21 page thread ) I flashed Myn's Warm2.2 with wimax(etc) attachment and its working brilliantly! I installed many apps immediately and some stopped working after 1 day. I JUST NOTICED TODAY THE MARKET PLACE IS GREEN AND NO LONGER BLACK WHICH IS PART OF MYN'S CUSTOM ROM . I liked Sprint Tv so I Reinstalled it and it says only accessible to Sprint Users. The last app that stopped working is the book one, and the icon just changed into a little green android. The part that concers me the most is the capitalized sentence. Thank for your help and ever reading this far

-wtfm8

When you're on the lock screen or pull down the notification bar, does it say "Sprint" ?

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Something went wrong when you root the phone. Unroot and try again. Or better yet - stay at stock. Less complications and mishaps.

With all due respect to Rush that's probably the worst advice I've seen on here. I really don't think you should be guiding anyone on ROM advice since you have never actually rooted yourself.

The Market received a forced update which is why it turned back to green.
In reference to the Sprint TV APP, I just installed it from the Warm Optional folder and fired it up and it was working OK. Did you install it from this folder or did you install the apk through another method? When you installed your Apps back, did you restore them through a backup program such as Titanium? They may be trying to use old data associated with the Apps from another ROM. In that case, you can go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, select Sprint TV and Clear Data/Cache. If that doesn't work, you can uninstall and try another reinstall through the Warm optional folder. When you reference the book icon, I'm assuming this is Google books? Try the same as above and reinstall it through the market.

Also, did you wipe data, cache and dalvik prior to flashing Myn's? If you continue to have problems, you may want to try a clean install of the ROM and be sure to wipe the above so old data doesn't get mixed in with new data.

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
With all due respect to Rush that's probably the worst advice I've seen on here. I really don't think you should be guiding anyone on ROM advice since you have never actually rooted yourself.

The Market received a forced update which is why it turned back to green.
In reference to the Sprint TV APP, I just installed it from the Warm Optional folder and fired it up and it was working OK. Did you install it from this folder or did you install the apk through another method? When you installed your Apps back, did you restore them through a backup program such as Titanium? They may be trying to use old data associated with the Apps from another ROM. In that case, you can go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, select Sprint TV and Clear Data/Cache. If that doesn't work, you can uninstall and try another reinstall through the Warm optional folder. When you reference the book icon, I'm assuming this is Google books? Try the same as above and reinstall it through the market.

Also, did you wipe data, cache and dalvik prior to flashing Myn's? If you continue to have problems, you may want to try a clean install of the ROM and be sure to wipe the above so old data doesn't get mixed in with new data.

i did white all data and cache prior to flashgn myns rom.. the book app is back to normal, and the sprint tv app worked fine the first day then came up with the sprint message