OK....long story short...finally decided to delve into rooting and custom roms. Flashed CM6 yesterday and everything was going great. Then suddenly yesterday evening as I was swiping between home screens on my device everything froze, and I have been trying to recover ever since.
    Anything I flash now just freezes, and i have a touch panel-fail so even when i do get a rom to boot i cant actually get into set it to usb mode or anything.
    using bootloader i can not get it to connect using the adb driver so that I can push via adb.
    about an hour ago I was successfully able to run the latest RUU and it ran successfully, but device is still way laggy (takes 15 minutes to boot) and no touch screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! don't know where to go from here. From what I have read its not bricked because I can get into Bootloader and Recovery???
    01-21-2011 09:16 PM
    OK....long story short...finally decided to delve into rooting and custom roms. Flashed CM6 yesterday and everything was going great. Then suddenly yesterday evening as I was swiping between home screens on my device everything froze, and I have been trying to recover ever since.
    Anything I flash now just freezes, and i have a touch panel-fail so even when i do get a rom to boot i cant actually get into set it to usb mode or anything.
    using bootloader i can not get it to connect using the adb driver so that I can push via adb.
    about an hour ago I was successfully able to run the latest RUU and it ran successfully, but device is still way laggy (takes 15 minutes to boot) and no touch screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! don't know where to go from here. From what I have read its not bricked because I can get into Bootloader and Recovery???
    So you're back on totally stock software and it's still laggy?

What root method did you use?
    01-22-2011 08:03 AM
    Yeah, it was totally borked even on the stock rom. would boot after about 15 minutes on the white splash screen, then touch screen would never respond.

Stopped by my Sprint store this morning. Left the phone with them for about an hour. Came back and they had a new device waiting for me.

Not sure I am brave enough to dive into modding this one!!
    01-22-2011 03:14 PM
    Yeah, it was totally borked even on the stock rom. would boot after about 15 minutes on the white splash screen, then touch screen would never respond.

Stopped by my Sprint store this morning. Left the phone with them for about an hour. Came back and they had a new device waiting for me.

Not sure I am brave enough to dive into modding this one!!
    If you do definitely read read read. Did I meantion read?
    01-22-2011 10:48 PM
    I can assure you that your touch panel didnt give out due to rooting, especially since you went back to stock and it was still broke.

Root is worth it man.
    01-22-2011 11:47 PM
    Sounds like bad hardware and coincidental timing to me. There is nothing in the rooting process that can cause permanent damage like that (other than maybe a borked radio/wimax flash), assuming you use a reputable ROM and aren't over clocking.
    01-22-2011 11:58 PM