Boot Loop - Bricked? :(

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
To no avail :(

When I flashed the .76 (the fake 2.1) and selected recovery it just went straight to my splash screen. Interestingly (maybe? maybe not) it didn't boot loop forever like the way it did before, it instead went back into fastboot, something its never done before.

Anyways, I then tried the clockmod img, and it went through the exact same process... but neither got me to recovery :(

Edit: Well I have to get to an important class unfortunately. I'll be back at it after a while.

Last edited:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To no avail :(

When I flashed the .76 (the fake 2.1) and selected recovery it just went straight to my splash screen. Interestingly (maybe? maybe not) it didn't boot loop forever like the way it did before, it instead went back into fastboot, something its never done before.

Anyways, I then tried the clockmod img, and it went through the exact same process... but neither got me to recovery :(

Edit: Well I have to get to an important class unfortunately. I'll be back at it after a while.

Do you mean the clockworkmod pc36img file?

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Well how about that, after running to class it was canceled. haha. anyways yeah, the clockmod file you linked me to. I've tried flashing RA's two different ways, and now I've tried to flash Clockmod... and they've all been successful as far as installing goes... it seems like everything thats wrong happens in the boot sequence. But... I'm a noobie, so I can't say that with certainty.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have to run out of work and it takes me around 90 minutes to get home, but next we'll format some partitions through fastboot usb. :)

do you have the sdk w/fastboot.exe installed on your computer?

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say, whether this works out or not, you're awesome for helping me out so much. I really appreciate it. Anyways yeah, fastboot is ready to go.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright, lets try some manual erasing and maybe that can clear some things up:

fastboot erase recovery

Try this first, then try to reload clockworkmod off of the PC36IMG.zip file and see if you can't get in to recovery. Don't choose to reboot the phone after you apply the update, hit No, then select recovery.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Flash sprint lovers rom thru bootloader and figure out the recovery issues later?

I think it could be worth a shot for him here, just he tried to get the RUU via PC36IMG.zip and no go on that. It looks like boot isn't starting off right in either recovery or on a rom for his phone.

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I got an "OKAY" for erasing recovery, yet after flashing pcimg36 (clockmod) recovery went straight to splash screen :(

also: i have flashed sprint lovers already as well, someone suggested it over at xda, thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anything is wrong with the way bootloader is flashing because even when I flash recovery through fastboot, it won't load any better than when flashing through bootloader. With that said I can't get adb to recognize my device, I can only get fastboot to work.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Something has to be up with your bootloader, otherwise you could have loaded up sprint lovers rom that way.

Have you tried running the RUU from fastboot?

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
no, i haven't tried it. I don't know too many commands yet. This is how I've flashed individual partitions:

fastboot flash XXX YYY - This will flash XXX partitionn with YYY image.

What would be the appropriate command for a zip with multiple partitions?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
no, i haven't tried it. I don't know too many commands yet. This is how I've flashed individual partitions:

What would be the appropriate command for a zip with multiple partitions?

Thats about right, but you dont need any commands to run an RUU.

Just grab it from the unrooting thread, make sure your unrevoked drivers are uninstalled, install the regular htc sync drivers, plug your phone in to your PC while in fastboot (not bootloader) and run the RUU. (its a program)

You will lose root this way, so maybe re-download sprint lovers rom, make sure you have it re-named right, put in on the root of your SD and give it another go. That way you can keep root and it may save you the trouble of re-rooting.

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in no way worried about staying rooted at this current time, just want a phone again, haha. Which RUU should I choose?
Index of /shipped/Supersonic/

Also I'm a bit scared the program won't recognize my phone when I do try it... unrevoked didn't when I tried it yesterday. But it's certainly worth a shot, especially if I'm switching out drivers I suppose.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

thanamesjames

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
ugh... the RUU seemed to run perfectly, immediately noticed my phone and everything... it was especially nice to see that htc screen while it was loading the new rom, I had wondered if i'd ever see anything but white screens on my evo again, haha... but once again I booted into a boot loop. An odd thing however, is that I am still rooted? At least bootloader says "S-OFF" anyways.
I'm going to try 3.7 now I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2