I am needing some help loading a boot animation. I have searched and searched and searched. Ive read a ton of threads on here and attempted to follow them step by step. I cannot figure out what Im doing wrong. I have searched here and xda forums. but when i follow the directions it doesnt work. Thanks ill post the animations and lock screen on here in a few minutes. Thanks for the help on this and my previous thread on rooting. I love this forum. haha
    02-01-2011 04:25 PM
    Have you tried copying your boot animation (filename: bootanimation.zip) over to the /system/media folder? I have always done it this way and it has worked fine.

You can do it either through you computer using adb or by a file manager that allows read/write access to system files (like root explorer).
    bmwguy330 likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:12 AM
    If you're using root explorer, make sure you're rooted and then hit "mount as read/write" button while in the system/media folder, then paste your file in, erase the old one and hit mount as read only.
    bmwguy330 likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:14 AM
    just so that im doing the right thing. Root explorer is on the market for $4.05 correct. Root explorer (file manager)
    02-02-2011 08:01 AM
    If you're using root explorer, make sure you're rooted and then hit "mount as read/write" button while in the system/media folder, then paste your file in, erase the old one and hit mount as read only.
    with Myn's RLS the bootanimation.zip and SPC_animation_final.mp3
    are in the /system/customize/resource folder,
    what ROMs use /system/media ?
    bmwguy330 likes this.
    02-02-2011 08:11 AM
    with Myn's RLS the bootanimation.zip and SPC_animation_final.mp3
    are in the /system/customize/resource folder,
    what ROMs use /system/media ?
    Im Currently using fresh. And when i went into the root explorer i DL on the phone i found bootanimation.zip in the media file but it wont let me delete it and replace with a different one. I did look in the resource folder but it was all wallpapers
    02-02-2011 08:24 AM
    Im Currently using fresh. And when i went into the root explorer i DL on the phone i found bootanimation.zip in the media file but it wont let me delete it and replace with a different one. I did look in the resource folder but it was all wallpapers
    Did you click the "Mount r/w" at the top right of the Root Explorer window when in the /system/media folder?
    02-02-2011 08:25 AM
    That may have worked. Im rebooting now. My fingers are crossed tightly ive been trying this for 2 days and its getting frustrating lol
    02-02-2011 08:27 AM
    haha hell ya it worked. Im going to post step by step on here exactly how to acomplish this for any noob like me to do . one more question though, for splash screen where do i mount it. which file. would it be in the same file
    02-02-2011 08:30 AM
    That's not quite as easy. I have read that you need to either flash a zip or use an adb push. If anyone knows an easier way, please post it.
    02-02-2011 08:42 AM
    OK HERE IS A STEP BY STEP ON THE BOOT ANIMATION. THIS IS THE WAY I WAS TOLD FROM MEMBERS IN THE ABOVE POST. IT WORKED FOR ME AND I TAKE NO RESPOSIBILITY FOR THIS. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Make sure to do a backup just in case.

1.DL Root Explorer. $4.05 in the Market

2.Find bootanimation that is compatible. (im not sure if all are thats why i say make sure) and Dl it to the phone

3. Open Root explorer

4.Go to sdcard-->download---->longpress animation--->select move (might be able to copy, i didnt try it)

5.Then back arrow 2 times.

6.then go to system-->media and you should see a boot animation file.

7.click moun r/w at the top of the phone screen

8.click paste

9.longpress other bootanimation and move back to DL file on sd card.

10. reboot to make sure it works and your done.

I hope this helps other noobs. If i missed anything please feel free to chime in. And if this helps click the thank you button
    02-02-2011 08:59 AM
    one more question though, for splash screen where do i mount it. which file. would it be in the same file
    A zip file would be easy. If you seen Maco Designs work, that is what he uses. He has you rename them to PC36IMG.zip and has you loading it from bootloader. If you can't find a zip or whatever give him a shout.

I used one of his work from that method and it was tooooooo easy!!
    02-02-2011 09:06 AM
    A zip file would be easy. If you seen Maco Designs work, that is what he uses. He has you rename them to PC36IMG.zip and has you loading it from bootloader. If you can't find a zip or whatever give him a shout.

I used one of his work from that method and it was tooooooo easy!!
    so i wouldnt be able to Dl the zip to the phone and use root explorer to put it in the correct file? or do i have to flash it to get it to work on the phone
    02-02-2011 09:09 AM
    so i wouldnt be able to Dl the zip to the phone and use root explorer to put it in the correct file? or do i have to flash it to get it to work on the phone
    I haven't read anywhere that you can use root explorer or even what folder it would be in and the correct name it has to be, BUT I'm not saying you can't. As like you, I'm also learning everyday.

The only way I ever seen it done was with adb until Maco Designs came along. That is why I said give him a shout. He might be able to make it into a zip file you can use.

Just a suggestion.
    02-02-2011 09:26 AM
    Boot animations that are installed using the Flash method can be unzipped to get to the "bootanimation.zip" file. Then you can install it by your method with Root Explorer.

The nice thing about using Root Explorer is that the boot animation just has to be in the proper zip format. It doesn't have to be configured in a file to be flashed.
    02-02-2011 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD