It just shows that i lost signal yet again. Ive tried airplane mode and back on... but it doesn't work.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-07-2011 06:40 PM
    I've read about this somewhere before but can't remember where, so I don't have a link for you. What I recall is that AOSP ROMs show the actual connection that is used for SMS, which is not the 3G connection. SMS actually uses the 1x connection to send and receive SMS. So, when you send a txt, with Cyanogen (or any other AOSP ROM), you will see the 3G connection clear out and get replaced with the 1x connection icon. I can't explain it any further than that, but I know this has come up before and been explained (much better than how I explained it).

Are you not getting your 3G connection back after you send the txt?
    02-07-2011 10:51 PM
    I've read about this somewhere before but can't remember where, so I don't have a link for you. What I recall is that AOSP ROMs show the actual connection that is used for SMS, which is not the 3G connection. SMS actually uses the 1x connection to send and receive SMS. So, when you send a txt, with Cyanogen (or any other AOSP ROM), you will see the 3G connection clear out and get replaced with the 1x connection icon. I can't explain it any further that that, but I know this has come up before and been explained (much better than how I explained it).

Are you not getting your 3G connection back after you send the txt?
    You are soooo right. After i reflash it. 3g clears out and gets replaced by 1x now. But my wifi connection is still poor. I'll read the thread. Thanks, i appreciate it. And i had to downgrade the radio too.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 05:11 AM
    You are soooo right. After i reflash it. 3g clears out and gets replaced by 1x now. But my wifi connection is still poor. I'll read the thread. Thanks, i appreciate it. And i had to downgrade the radio too.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    Is your wifi signal poor or slow? Because CM draws out the signal strength differently with their wifi indicator. As in 5 bars on the sense rom may equal 3 bars on CM. The CM is more accurate and has a wider range of what is full strength and what is no signal.
    02-08-2011 02:49 PM
    Is your wifi signal poor or slow? Because CM draws out the signal strength differently with their wifi indicator. As in 5 bars on the sense rom may equal 3 bars on CM. The CM is more accurate and has a wider range of what is full strength and what is no signal.
    Yeh i realized that now. Because sense has alot more bars than cm. I did some research finally and figured it all out. Now i love cm again!

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 04:16 PM
    If you like CM6 you should try CM7 with wimax. It's pretty sweet.
    02-08-2011 07:11 PM
    I second the suggestion for CM7.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    02-08-2011 07:49 PM
    If you like CM6 you should try CM7 with wimax. It's pretty sweet.
    What are the bugs on cm 7? I heard it has tons of bugs.. that's why i havent switched yet.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 08:28 PM
    Well, they got 4G working, so that's a plus. I am having issue with GPS, but from other threads there is a fix for it that I haven't tried out yet. MMS isn't working for me either, sending. But I can receive MMS. HDMI is not working on any GB ROM that I know of, so that is also out. I don't use the HDMI port, so that's not a biggie for me. The GPS thing is killing me as I use google maps/nav heavily, but there is a supposed fix, so I can't cry too loudly.

I do have my Sense ROM nandroided though, so if I can't get it all fixed I can always restore my fully functional ROM. Being able to nandroid between two ROMs is a pretty cool thing. This way you can show off multiple ROMs! Try that on an iPhail!

Update: I have run fixes for both the GPS and MMS issues and all is working now. GB with Wimax is the bestest!
    02-08-2011 09:26 PM
    Everything is working for me except for 4G (im on the nightlies and dont have 4G anyways ) and HDMI (NO aosp rom has this).

GPS, MMS, and everything else work great. Guess its different for everyone.
    02-08-2011 09:34 PM
    Ahhh see, i need that gps. And sms not working properly? I text all day hahaha. That wont sit well with me.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 09:35 PM
    Everything is working for me except for 4G (im on the nightlies and dont have 4G anyways ) and HDMI (NO aosp rom has this).

GPS, MMS, and everything else work great. Guess its different for everyone.
    I rather just wait till its fully cooked haha.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 09:39 PM
    SMS works fine, it's just pic mail that's not working for me. But again, if you nandroid backup a fully functional Sense ROM, then you can always switch back when you need the functionality that's missing.
    I rather just wait till its fully cooked haha.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    Nandroid and try it out, i bet you cant go back to CM6
    SMS works fine, it's just pic mail that's not working for me. But again, if you nandroid backup a fully functional Sense ROM, then you can always switch back when you need the functionality that's missing.
    Yeah but constantly doing that is a lot of work.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 09:51 PM
    Nandroid and try it out, i bet you cant go back to CM6
    Yah.. ill try it and see what's up. Ill report back

Sent From Tapatalk.
    02-08-2011 09:52 PM
    I ran the fixes for both the GPS and MMS issues in CM7 and they are both working now. So, I am running GB with everything working but HDMI, which I never use anyway!
    02-09-2011 04:11 PM
    I ran the fixes for both the GPS and MMS issues in CM7 and they are both working now. So, I am running GB with everything working but HDMI, which I never use anyway!
    I tried it.. im not really liking it.. gps takes a long time to get a fix and the wifi is **** poor. When back to 6.1.2 until it gets out of nightlies.

Sent From My CM 6.1.2 Monster Evo.
    02-10-2011 07:55 PM
    What was your fix for the mms...cannnot find one that works.
    02-20-2011 01:08 AM
    What was your fix for the mms...cannnot find one that works.
    The fix is in cm 7 already. Split the sms.

Sent From My CM 7 Nightly #11 (Mixer theme) Monster Evo.
    03-03-2011 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD