"reverse" tethering?

rdmpe

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if there is a way to enable my phone to use the broadband net connection from my computer via USB? I don't have very good 3G or wifi access at my office. Phone is rooted, running latest SprintLovers ROM.
TIA!

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
If your laptop is using WiFi, then... just connect the phone to the same WiFi network.

If your laptop is using an ethernet cable, then just start an ad-hoc network and connect the phone using wifi to the laptop's ad-hoc network.

Just some options if you don't want to use a less-than-fully-featured-ROM.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just remember to enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on your Windows PC. If you don't know how to do that, just open Windows help (press the F1 key) and search for Internet Connection Sharing. It's a pretty straight forward process, nothing tricky. I don't think the internet connection on the PC will be available to other devices otherwise.

rdmpe

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info - problem at work is there is no wifi option. It has to work through the usb cable. I'd like to be able to do this, but not willing to give up my fav roms for it ;)

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Its internet pass through, just like the thunderbolt rom has, the thunderbolt has sense 2.0 is the reason why it has the feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital