Considering an EVO, Questions On Rooting

Gaahl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
So, I'm planning on getting an Evo 4g soon, and I've been really excited about the mobile wifi feature, and I believe that I would end up using it at least on enough occasions to make it particularly useful, but not worth $30. And so, I was wondering if I should go through the process of rooting my phone and running the router, as well as taking advantage of other perks of rooting, or if it's not worth it for some reason or another. I know nothing about the risks associated with it other than things like software malfunction and such, and I would like opinions on whether it's worth it to break warranty for such a function.

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
So, I'm planning on getting an Evo 4g soon, and I've been really excited about the mobile wifi feature, and I believe that I would end up using it at least on enough occasions to make it particularly useful, but not worth $30. And so, I was wondering if I should go through the process of rooting my phone and running the router, as well as taking advantage of other perks of rooting, or if it's not worth it for some reason or another. I know nothing about the risks associated with it other than things like software malfunction and such, and I would like opinions on whether it's worth it to break warranty for such a function.

It's more than worth it to root. There is little risk but, there is always a slight risk anytime you mess with your phone. Read and understand what your doing before you do it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Gaahl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the opinions, I'm gonna go through with it when I get the phone. I've seen that it doesn't seem to be a very hard process, and I'm luckily pretty tech savvy. What other possibilities does rooting the phone open up for the user? I understand what is happening when rooting, but I just would like to know what kinds of things people have done in the past.

Gaahl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How advisable is the overclocking? Does the processor deal with the extra heat well enough to make a noticeable difference in computing speed? Also, does the overclocking result in overheating and shut down often, or is that a pretty rare occurrence?

Gaahl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there any sort of list of apps or programs/what have you that are most commonly considered bloat ware? I would like to know what I can and cannot remove (if I feel the need) without screwing up my phone.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Read the link in my signature.

Rooting is the best thing you can do for yourself if you get an evo, as long has you aren't completely tech illiterate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie