I need help asap please!!!

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
To flash a kernel with a newly flashed rom..should it go:

Full wipe (all data, dalvik, cache), then flash the rom, then dalvik wipe, then flash kernel? Or no second dalvik wipe?

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I wiped all like you said flashed everything ina row and still stuck on evo white screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arggggg... im coming from miui.. :/

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Miui has been messing stuff up.

Flash caulkins format all zip, search for it on xda and it'll appear.

After you use the format all, wipe again (just cause) and flash the rom, then right over the rom flash the g-apps and reboot.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Which nightly are you flashing? If it's 33 or higher you will need to update Clockwork to V3.x. #33 introduced a whole bunch of code that uses the updated update scripts in CW3. At least this was the case for the DInc. I would imagine the EVO builds are prety close.

Hope this helps.

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Which nightly are you flashing? If it's 33 or higher you will need to update Clockwork to V3.x. #33 introduced a whole bunch of code that uses the updated update scripts in CW3. At least this was the case for the DInc. I would imagine the EVO builds are prety close.

Hope this helps.

I dont know what your talking about exactly.. im kinda basic on this stuff. im using the new ra recovery or what ever to flas because it said so..

and Igotsaevo..I know it sucks,.. the rom use to be so good.. but now it sucks.. its not as good :( and not stable like it once was

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
omg I just did the format zip thing and still a no go! I WANT CM7! lol whats wrong this... im going to have to settle with 6.1 from rom manager prob :((

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what your talking about exactly.. im kinda basic on this stuff. im using the new ra recovery or what ever to flas because it said so..

and Igotsaevo..I know it sucks,.. the rom use to be so good.. but now it sucks.. its not as good :( and not stable like it once was

OK so in the post it says that this CM7 is using Nightly #24 so you do not want the new Clockwork 3 - you want an earlier version. On the Dinc the text in clockwork 3 is orange so if your text in clockwork is green you should be OK.

I would wipe cache, data and Davlik cache (under Advanced) then Flash your rom, flash your kernel, reboot and then flash GAPPS.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Youssef7

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah i assumed you were on clockwork recovery.
Go back into your nandroid of miui, and flash clockworkmod recovery with rom manager, the newest version.

Nandroid with clockwork and try CM7 again.

Try the real CM7 nightly's with no wi-max TeamDouche Mirror System and g apps http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip

Wipe all, format all, flash rom and g apps, then reboot.

What about the kernel.. I have 004? and is the battery really good on cm7?

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
whats a nandroid?

i swear you just need to go back to stock and be done cuz i know in the last couple months you have had no clue what your doing and apparently still dont....you dont read or take peoples advice. *shakes head*

p.s. nandroid is a backup of your rom so if you bork something you can restore back to it with no problems.

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i swear you just need to go back to stock and be done cuz i know in the last couple months you have had no clue what your doing and apparently still dont....you dont read or take peoples advice. *shakes head*

p.s. nandroid is a backup of your rom so if you bork something you can restore back to it with no problems.
**** your no help.. dont go on my threads then you ass!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Really guys? This isnt XDA, if you want to argue/curse/be less than mature, then head to other pastures. This is a community built around helping people, discussing things, and being civil while doing it.

Youssef7, read the link in my signature, it should help you out. Reading is gonna be your pal here, we can only spoon feed so much, the rest is up to you.

Reactions: Youssef7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1