Well, I'm Rooted, Now What??

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
As far as I've been able to tell, yes, before you flash a whole new ROM, you must wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe Dalvik cache.

If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. But these methods have worked for me so far.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
great....it worked......thanks alot....one more question and ill leave LOL.....as far as the android market goes!!.....can i get that back?.....im using CM 6.1.2

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No problem :)

Not sure about sideloading (I'm honestly not that smart), but as far as I know, you can install it from your SD card.

Remember where you put it, then when you boot up your phone, go to where you have it on your card, click it, and install.

Make sure you have the ability to install applications from unknown sources turned on, just in case.

Also, in case it helps, if you have Clockwork Mod installed, use ROM Manager for your Cyanogen updates. It includes an option to install Google apps along with the ROM itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: reverepats

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
no i didnt flash anything lese but CM 6.1.2.....ohh man i screwed that up didnt i?.....i remember watching a video this morning and a guys flashed 2 differnt ROMS i think...one of them was for the google apps.....any idea what i do now....sorry i know its late

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
me ither but i remember this morning someone flashed 2 ROMS so he could have the google apps.....****.....yeah cause i have no apps in my phone....what ROM are you running.? if u dont mind me asking

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Sure. I'm going back and forth between Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo and Myn's Warm Z.

The former is a Sense ROM that has some nice tweaks and features, and I really seem to like it. The latter is an experimental port of the Desire Z ROM featuring Sense 2.0

Warm 2.2 is more stable, less bugs etc, and overall a good replacement ROM if you want to keep Sense on your device. Warm Z has a couple bugs here and there, including the lack of radio keys needed for 4G, but it's faster, sleeker, and I like it a lot more than 2.2. This will be the one to keep an eye on.

Here's the link for both:

Warm 2.2: Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo

and Warm Z: Myn's Warm Z

I have tried and would recommend both of these to anyone. Check them out :)

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If you still need the gapps for cm6.1.2 then go here and click on the link under hdpi. Before you install it just wipe cache and dalvik, then flash. You will then have market and other apps as well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca