The Evo Rom/Kernel/Goodies Bible

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Please refrain from all caps, my eyes hurt.

Anyways, DONT unzip ANYTHING. Its made to be flashed in zip form, and as for a kernel one is included because without a kernel your phone wouldnt work. Yes, even sprint uses a kernel its just the stock one and as a matter of fact the stock kernel is used in this rom too.

Goodluck.

Reactions: ronni85

ronni85

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
ok so i tried again and after choosing which zip i want from the sd which was the warm z 2.2 it said it was installing and looking for an update zip and i got the triangle with the exclamation part again. my radio is up to date i believe b/c i looked under software info and it had the same pri and nv as the link i was on the myn warm page for a radio update. should i give up on this rom and try another?

ronni85

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
jus tried that and it aborted again so i'm restoring my backup now. ugh this is frustrating!! I'm using the clockmodrecovery and i've been reading that the 3.x version wasn't good and to use a 2.x version which i flashed in the option menu towards the bottom. and i've also noticed that before going into recovery that it scans for the pc36.zip and says image not found. and if it matters i rooted using unrevoked on a mac. any other advice?

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
quick question.. im really confused about what havs sbc bfs and all that mean and i cant seem to find the meanings anywhere.. i am on miui 1.4.8 and im looking for a new kernel (maybe) so im a tad lost

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
quick question.. im really confused about what havs sbc bfs and all that mean and i cant seem to find the meanings anywhere.. i am on miui 1.4.8 and im looking for a new kernel (maybe) so im a tad lost

Heres some link about CFS/BFS - http://www.cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/data/bfs-v-cfs_groves-knockel-schulte.pdf BFS will focus on the task at hand and is more aggressive at killing tasks, while CFS is generally smoother and "fair" to all tasks. I use CFS, but everyones phone likes different things.

SBC is a mod that charges your battery to 100% and keeps it there so theres no sudden 10% drop when you remove it from the charger. This could come at a price as it has hurt some peoples phones, and some claim it has thrashed their batterys. Use at your own risk.

This is in VERY VERY basic, almost too basic terms. But it gets the job done for an explaination if you dont understand all the lingo in the link :p

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Heres some link about CFS/BFS - http://www.cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/data/bfs-v-cfs_groves-knockel-schulte.pdf BFS will focus on the task at hand and is more aggressive at killing tasks, while CFS is generally smoother and "fair" to all tasks. I use CFS, but everyones phone likes different things.

SBC is a mod that charges your battery to 100% and keeps it there so theres no sudden 10% drop when you remove it from the charger. This could come at a price as it has hurt some peoples phones, and some claim it has thrashed their batterys. Use at your own risk.

This is in VERY VERY basic, almost too basic terms. But it gets the job done for an explaination if you dont understand all the lingo in the link :p

Was does havs mean? I thought it dealt with scheduled voltages ...am I right?

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe add Kings GB 2.3v2 and Misfits GB rom update3. Both are awesome with everything working. I use both as a daily driver.

edit-the screen brightness is hit or miss

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you guys wanna link me to em, and possibly post a few screen shots that'd be great. Ill get around to updating and adding soon, when I get back from the grand canyon :D

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Bump. Ill try to start updating this. If anyone would like to request a rom to be added or make a little review in the same format as me, ill be glad too add it. :)

edit: updated it some.

Last edited:

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
This looks awesome. Just rooted via Revolutionary today and will be considering trying a few of your suggestions out.

Is there a reason NOT to try different kernals if I'm just using the stock GB rom on my Evo?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This looks awesome. Just rooted via Revolutionary today and will be considering trying a few of your suggestions out.

Is there a reason NOT to try different kernals if I'm just using the stock GB rom on my Evo?

IMO, no :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if we could get a rom list with the latest stable updates. With a direct download for those of us who prefer to flash manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34