bluetooth sound quality issues

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem with pandora the sound quality is horrible over bluetooth or the headphone jack, my signal is good(even on 4g).
and it just seems to be pandora, slacker sounds amazing so does everything else. i heard that they had issues before with sq but had been resolved and i remember being impressed at the sound quality when i first got my evo but now it sounds like a bad tape deck.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
im rooted using mikfroyo 4.4. its just pandora that sounds crappy. the stock media player slacker pretty much anything else i try sounds fine. pandora is low volume and bad quality. i pop on anything else and its loud and sounds great. ive even tried different versions of pandora just in case.
Sucks cause i like how reliable pandora is i used to use it constantly now even on high quality it sucks.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Dunno...I was going to ask which quality setting you chose. Mine works great through my bluetooth in my truck (Sync on an F250) and headphones sounds fine, too. Did you try clearing the cache and data, followed by a reboot maybe? I'm just grasping at straws.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's been a persistent issue I've even completely wiped my handset and reinstated the OS but no luck. Guess I'm stuck with slacker which j love but it gets real dodgy in low signal areas where Pandora tends to be a little more reliable.
Maybe I will try a different Rom and see if that helps

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried emailing the app developer or hitting their website? Maybe the website has a FAQ section with a solution for the issue. Doesn't sound like you are the only one experiencing the problem, so I'm sure there has to be a fix. Might be worth a quick email to the dev. Sometimes they are pretty responsive and have just the right fix.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
updated to mikfroYo 4.5 tested today on my drive to palm springs and sound quality is still bad its like a constant static in the high end.
Good news is though that slacker sounds even better than before and now im getting used to it i actually prefer it to pandora.
Not a fix but at least a happy compromise.
yes on the website faq there is a reference to poor sound quality because pandora uses a type of sound file for streaming that android didnt play well with but supposedly that was fixed in a previous update, ive emailed pandora support to see what they say more out of sheer stubbornness to get it working correctly and it kills me my brothers blackberry 8900 has better sound quality than my evo on Pandora....lol
I will definitely post back if i figure out the fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12