Yesterday I flashed CM7 RC1, didn't like it, nandroid restored back to a Myn's RLS5 backup, then this morning flashed the latest MIUI. Things were running a little sluggish so I decided to flash a different kernel. After flashing the kernel I got stuck on the white load screen.

I then wiped data, cache, and dalvik-cache, ran the caulkin's formats all zip, then tried to restore my old Myn's nandroid backup. I got the message oops something went wrong when trying to restore.

After some reading re-flashed caulkin's zip, then flashed the latest MIUI build zip since I could not restore any of my backups. My phone is up and running again.

So my question is, is everything okay now, do I need to take any special steps from now on, are my nandroid backups still good or are they fried now?

If I wanted to flash Myn's again should i start from scratch or could I from the backup?

Thanks.
    02-22-2011 03:14 PM
    You should be good, but id say to start from scratch, do a full wipe, and then flash your rom, remember some kernals arent compatible with some roms.
    coogrrr94 likes this.
    02-22-2011 07:23 PM
    What kernel did you try and flash on MIUI?

Sounds like you flashed a Sense kernel. MIUI is an AOSP ROM so you need to use an AOSP kernel. With Sense ROMs, you need to use a Sense kernel.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk
    coogrrr94 likes this.
    02-22-2011 08:04 PM
    Maybe that's what I did, flashed a Sense kernel by mistake. I think it was a cm6 snap kernel though, I don't know, at least I am back up and running, scared me for a few minutes though.
    02-23-2011 03:10 PM
    What I do is that I backup all my roms on Rom Manager, so when I want to switch between them ( including radios ) I just restore them.Simple.
    02-24-2011 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD