[Rom] Myn's Warm Z TwoPointTwo is now available!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this on XDA and downloaded it, lickity-split! Can't wait to try this out. I'll post later on about my initial experience! Sense 2.0, mmmmmmmm...

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
flashing as i type this! :) has a kickass boot animation!

so far so good!!! everything seems snappy...dunno if it just needs time to settle...but switching between landscape and portrait on home screen takes a lil longer...gonna let it settle some more and start restoring apps and stuff now...very quick to boot tho

Last edited:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've been playing with this for a bit and overall it's a nice upgrade from Sense 1.0. Myn has done a great job with customizations (as always). The boot animation is sick! But it did seem to take a long time to get into the OS. I haven't rebooted since the initaial boot into the OS, so I'm not sure if this is a one time thing or if it will take this long every time. Landscape Sense is awesome! Was pretty snappy for me, had no issues with speed at all. Had to create a new HTC Sense account during initial setup and now I am starting to get HTC notifications for new widgets and what not, so that is pretty cool. The initial fire up of the HTC Hub feature didn't work, said there was a problem connecting to the server. So, I'm not really sure what the HTC Hub has to offer at this point. Hulu didn't work. The app loaded up and showed me playable items, but when I clicked on them it didn't seem as if flash was on there at all, so no video playback. The OP on XDA said not to run any Flash player updates, so I didn't. There are also some new features like HTC Scenes, HTC Skins and some new widgets. Haven't had a lot of time to play around with these yet, but they don't really seem to add a new level of functionality, they feel like more of the same. Any way, this is my first impression of the ROM. If you are a fan of Myn's ROMs, or Sense ROMs in general, then you will love this one. My heart, however, has been captured by CM7 with Wimax! I fear that not even Myn can win me back over to the Sense side again.

luckylui

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've been playing with this for a bit and overall it's a nice upgrade from Sense 1.0. Myn has done a great job with customizations (as always). The boot animation is sick! But it did seem to take a long time to get into the OS. I haven't rebooted since the initaial boot into the OS, so I'm not sure if this is a one time thing or if it will take this long every time. Landscape Sense is awesome! Was pretty snappy for me, had no issues with speed at all. Had to create a new HTC Sense account during initial setup and now I am starting to get HTC notifications for new widgets and what not, so that is pretty cool. The initial fire up of the HTC Hub feature didn't work, said there was a problem connecting to the server. So, I'm not really sure what the HTC Hub has to offer at this point. Hulu didn't work. The app loaded up and showed me playable items, but when I clicked on them it didn't seem as if flash was on there at all, so no video playback. The OP on XDA said not to run any Flash player updates, so I didn't. There are also some new features like HTC Scenes, HTC Skins and some new widgets. Haven't had a lot of time to play around with these yet, but they don't really seem to add a new level of functionality, they feel like more of the same. Any way, this is my first impression of the ROM. If you are a fan of Myn's ROMs, or Sense ROMs in general, then you will love this one. My heart, however, has been captured by CM7 with Wimax! I fear that not even Myn can win me back over to the Sense side again.

#Team Win. FTW.

CM7 4G.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Its not that CM7 with Wimax is better or what not, I just hate to have Sense and have 2 clocks, one on the top right and another huge one on the screen! f there was a way for me to customize this and remove some screens also, it would be awesome! Yes I know LauncherPro does this yada yada... BUT Sense does not and CM anything gives you options! I have used Myns, MikFroyos, Kings Ultra ( freakin FAST) and CM for a long time, and I was always hoping that CM would receive 4G, and now that it has, I dont see myself going back until I see something that blows my mind away, until then I am using CM. Simply for the power widget notification bar that you can cuztomize to your liking, th elock screen option to put in a messaging app, or the simple fact that I can dial someone without unlocking my phone!!!

49erfan

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I will try it out once 4g gets going on it. No point flashing a new rom until its fully operational. Kings Ultra is just fine for now.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Its not that CM7 with Wimax is better or what not, I just hate to have Sense and have 2 clocks, one on the top right and another huge one on the screen! f there was a way for me to customize this and remove some screens also, it would be awesome! Yes I know LauncherPro does this yada yada... BUT Sense does not and CM anything gives you options! I have used Myns, MikFroyos, Kings Ultra ( freakin FAST) and CM for a long time, and I was always hoping that CM would receive 4G, and now that it has, I dont see myself going back until I see something that blows my mind away, until then I am using CM. Simply for the power widget notification bar that you can cuztomize to your liking, th elock screen option to put in a messaging app, or the simple fact that I can dial someone without unlocking my phone!!!

you dont have to have the big clock on the screen? long press and drag it to the bottom to remove...you dont have to have anything on the screens if you so choose. and the power widget notification bar is also customizable to how you would like.

i have not used CM so i cant vouch for CM...but the things you have described are very much possible using sense.

but anyhoo...20 hrs later using warm z....its flat awesome! went thru the workday using it as normal and down to 55% now....lots of gps, text, web and 30 min phone call. using the stock htc #15 included...waiting to see how it goes for a couple days before trying another kernal. everything is snappy and quick! and the htc hub is sweet! :)

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I will try it out once 4g gets going on it. No point flashing a new rom until its fully operational. Kings Ultra is just fine for now.

the rom is a port from the desire z off a gsm network where 4g didnt exist...so it may take awhile. only other thing i noticed was the inability to switch to the front camera. other than that...its beautiful!

Active_Matrix

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
One thing I forgot to add is i tried installing the apk's from xda but I get an error "There is a problem parsing the package." Any thoughts?

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
ok im getting addicted to flashing roms ...... i have been running CM7 because i wanted GB but the screen freezes to much and its real laggy... so i flashed back to my Ava Z3 and now this gets released i really want to try it but it looks like its still a little buggy .... has anybody reviewed this rom yet if so where at so i can see it in action.

Active_Matrix

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I did see alot of feedback on xda, you can check there, I have been running it for 3 days so far, and its nice and smooth, and very peppy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair