So Sorry 4 Asking But PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Topchoice617

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Please HELP I've read a bunch of ways to do things but I don't know witch way is the best way for my setup because some say if you're fully rooted do this if you're this then do that, it driving me crazy!:-\
I would just like to go back to factory setting because I need to return the phone do to blown speakers. I'm a NEWBEE to all this so I don't know much. All I know is that I rooted my phone using unrevoked (I think it was unrevoked3) I was surprised I did it. Anyhow I only rooted the phone to use the free wireless tethering. Now I want to remove root but I don't know how, I tried it but didn't work, after reboot I was still rooted :mad: I was thinking of just bringing it in like that, but the Superuser Permission widget is a dead giveaway I CAN'T find any way to remove it. So if anyone can be so kind to help me in ANYWAY it would be GREATLY appreciated.:D Thanks a bunch in advanced!

Here I give you all the info I think you might need to direct me in the right way.

PS: I did the mistake and never backed up anything before rooting. Just backed up using Rom Manager and Super Manager after the fact.

Phone info:
Hardware ver. 0003
Android ver. 2.2
Base ver. 2.15.00.09.01
Kernel ver. 2.6.32.15.ge2fb08e Htc_kernel@and18-2#11
Build # 3.29.651.5 cl252548 Release key
Software # 3.29.651.5
Browser ver. webkit 3.1
PRI.V 1.77_003
PRL.V 60675

ClockWorkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
Supersonic EVT2-3 Ship s-on
Hboot 0.97.0000
Microp 041f
Touch Panel ATMELC03-16AC
Radio 2.15.00.09.01

ALL UNROOTED W/SUPERUSER PERMISSION WIDGET GONE TOO!
All I can say is... Thank You, Thank You and Thank You! Ya'll the BEST! The QUICK response was AMAZING! Only if the hole world could be as nice and helpful it would be a grate world! Thanks Again to all that posted a reply!

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: Topchoice617

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Please HELP I've read a bunch of ways to do things but I don't know witch way is the best way for my setup because some say if you're fully rooted do this if you're this then do that, it driving me crazy!:-\
I would just like to go back to factory setting because I need to return the phone do to blown speakers. I'm a NEWBEE to all this so I don't know much. All I know is that I rooted my phone using unrevoked (I think it was unrevoked3) I was surprised I did it. Anyhow I only rooted the phone to use the free wireless tethering. Now I want to remove root but I don't know how, I tried it but didn't work, after reboot I was still rooted :mad: I was thinking of just bringing it in like that, but the Superuser Permission widget is a dead giveaway I CAN'T find any way to remove it. So if anyone can be so kind to help me in ANYWAY it would be GREATLY appreciated.:D Thanks a bunch in advanced!

Here I give you all the info I think you might need to direct me in the right way.

PS: I did the mistake and never backed up anything before rooting. Just backed up using Rom Manager and Super Manager after the fact.

Phone info:
Hardware ver. 0003
Android ver. 2.2
Base ver. 2.15.00.09.01
Kernel ver. 2.6.32.15.ge2fb08e Htc_kernel@and18-2#11
Build # 3.29.651.5 cl252548 Release key
Software # 3.29.651.5
Browser ver. webkit 3.1
PRI.V 1.77_003
PRL.V 60675

ClockWorkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
Supersonic EVT2-3 Ship s-on
Hboot 0.97.0000
Microp 041f
Touch Panel ATMELC03-16AC
Radio 2.15.00.09.01

If you think you're rooted because of the Superuser APP (which has nothing to do with access priveleges) then you're mistaken. Uninstall the app and remove the widget.

Done.

Topchoice617

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
If you think you're rooted because of the Superuser APP (which has nothing to do with access priveleges) then you're mistaken. Uninstall the app and remove the widget.

Done.

Sorry my friend but you're mistaken, it's NOT that EZ.... I WISH it was! For the record I didn't think I was rooted I knew I was because when I posted this thread I was on online still using the free tethering and other apps for ROOT USERS ONLY! Thanks for trying!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34