No Market on CM7?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is a very dumb/noob question, but I just flashed the newest CM7, but don't have the Market App. I would like to get MyBackup and Titanium Backup going so I can restore all my apps!

Again, sorry for the stupid question, but the last ROM i installed, it was right there.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, any time you flash a Cyanogen ROM you also have to flash the GAPPS zip to get all the Google Apps. Since you are running GB, make sure you get the GAPPS for gingerbread.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is a very dumb/noob question, but I just flashed the newest CM7, but don't have the Market App. I would like to get MyBackup and Titanium Backup going so I can restore all my apps!

Again, sorry for the stupid question, but the last ROM i installed, it was right there.

Cyanogen does not package Google apps, such as market, gmail, maps, along with the ROM. There are licensing reasons for this.

It looks like you got the location for the latest GApps. GLuck.. ;)

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I got them and got them downloaded, but I went back to my Warm 2.2. The setup on the CM7 was going to take too much and I also couldn't get my email to work. It kept saying that the server wouldn't respond or something like that. This is on a IMAP account. So, I went back.

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've always flashed my Cyanogen ROMs (just started last week.. lol) via ROM Manager. Each time I've flashed (RC1, Nightly #6 & Nightly #7), ROM Manager asked if I wanted to install Google Apps. I check the box and everything is there after the flashing has completed.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
no market still

Sup guys. My girl has an HTC Aria and this thread popped up when I entered my original Subject. So here it is

I got CM7 working fine on it. There is no market, nor market apk in the phone(used stock file manager to check). I went ahead and downloaded the latest Gapps file, put it on the root, ran clockworkmod to install it. The phone freezes when I select Go Back so I cant get to the reboot menu one step back. So I battery pull, reboot normal, and the desktop, app drawer, and file folder all are still void of the Market. So how would you approach this certain issue? Thanks guys. BTW yes I love my new X :cool:

Update: I went to the market online on the phones browser. I searched for and installed Astro yet it shows nowhere on the phone , even though on the market it says Installed when I bring it up in a search. Same w Lookout. This is bugging my girl now.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670