[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
hey...just letting you know. Maybe its just my error but its not working in the Jiminiy Rom for Evo. When i plug it in and start the service up it just is like static and flickering in and out real fast. Maybe i have done something wrong who knows.

Did you try it on other ROMs t12icky?

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If anybody is experiencing "Cannot Stop service" error, please go into your superuser permissions app and make sure that all the FullHDMI entries (there will be a few) are in the "Allowed" list. Share with us here if this solves the issue, I will add it to the FAQs in the OP.

myn

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Force close on load of HDMI app on both Warm TwoPointTwo and Warm Z.

I/ActivityManager( 268): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.
MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.orrebmas.full
hdmi/.fullhdmi }
I/ActivityManager( 268): Start proc com.orrebmas.fullhdmi for activity com.orre
bmas.fullhdmi/.fullhdmi: pid=1464 uid=10082 gids={1015}
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.orrebmas.fullhdmi/lib/libhd
mi_mod.so 0x465bc818
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Added shared lib /data/data/com.orrebmas.fullhdmi/lib/libhdmi
_mod.so 0x465bc818
D/dalvikvm( 1464): No JNI_OnLoad found in /data/data/com.orrebmas.fullhdmi/lib/l
ibhdmi_mod.so 0x465bc818, skipping init
D/AndroidRuntime( 1464): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 1464): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4
00259e8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity Co
mponentInfo{com.orrebmas.fullhdmi/com.orrebmas.fullhdmi.fullhdmi}: java.lang.Nul
lPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActiv
ity(ActivityThread.java:2787)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivi
ty(ActivityThread.java:2803)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2300(Activi
tyThread.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Ac
tivityThread.java:2136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja
va:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea
d.java:4937)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native
Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5
21)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA
rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot
eInit.java:626)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at com.orrebmas.fullhdmi.fullhdmi.authenticate(f
ullhdmi.java:258)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at com.orrebmas.fullhdmi.fullhdmi.onCreate(fullh
dmi.java:111)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCre
ate(Instrumentation.java:1069)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActiv
ity(ActivityThread.java:2751)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1464): ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager( 268): Force finishing activity com.orrebmas.fullhdmi/.full
hdmi

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am running Warm Z and it works fine with no force closes. Try clearing the caches like SSjon suggested and let us know if that fixes it plz Myn.
Also, to clear some confusion about the kernel, it is just the stock HTC's 2.6.32 with the custom drivers added. It is not based off of netarchy's Kernel or any other. This may change in the future; the custom drivers are public.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Force close on load of HDMI app on both Warm TwoPointTwo and Warm Z.

I can confirm Full mirroring works on warm Z, you must flash THIS kernel though. It's the stock #15 kernel with the needed modules and stuffs.

Mirror1.jpg

mcasa30

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
what do the settings have to be in order to output 480 to my 7" car monitor? I have the hdmi to rca cable and the NAV-TV wiring harness.

Ice007112

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Got it working. Was clearing the caches from the beginning and that is why I was confused. Well after restoring back and forth a couple of times, I realized that wifi was turned on when I rebooted into recovery to flash the kernal. Restored again, made sure it was off before going back into recovery and reflashed the kernal, resulting in everything working.

Thank you so much for your hard work on this, Orrebmas. Everything runs very good for a beta. Only experienced slight flicker on my Sprint Lovers rom. Can't wait for the full release and very willing to pay for it.

EyeBaller

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am running Warm Z and it works fine with no force closes. Try clearing the caches like SSjon suggested and let us know if that fixes it plz Myn.
Also, to clear some confusion about the kernel, it is just the stock HTC's 2.6.32 with the custom drivers added. It is not based off of netarchy's Kernel or any other. This may change in the future; the custom drivers are public.

Do you have a link for the source code for the kernel changes?

stanglifemike

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!! This us what I wanted and expected when I bought my Evo at launch. I will be testing this a lot! I will also be donating. Just can't say thanks enough. Can't wait to see you master this

Dc2Chris

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
@Orrebmas

First off thank for all of your work, everything works great on this app but one thing I did notice was that with this kernel, my camera doesnt work. Im running Myn's rls 5 hardware version 0003 with the newer camera. I am aware that I could only use certain kernels but since this is stock kernel I figured it should work but it might have to do with some of the files that got replaced. Just wanted to inform you just in case you weren't aware of that problem and once again thanks...

myn

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I had that to, I reflashed my rom, wiped Dalvik and Cache, flashed the HDMI kernel and it works now.

I can confirm Full mirroring works on warm Z, you must flash THIS kernel though. It's the stock #15 kernel with the needed modules and stuffs.

Mirror1.jpg

First make sure you have the full hdmi kernal installed if u have that then make sure you are logged in to your gmail that should take care of the problem

I did a fresh wipe (including data) and didn't sign into any services. (including google)

As soon as I signed into google the app began to work.

It appears the HDMI app queries the users google ID and it does something with it. Not sure what/why?

With the google ID entered it doesn't force close.

Reactions: nullr

JCrater11#AC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this man. It's great! I have noticed one problem though, maybe someone can help me out. I put the kernal on and got everything working but tried to get it to play a YouTube video and it was having seizures. I don't know if I need to change the resolution or what, but I'm using Sprint Lover's 2.2 ROM and I kept it on Hardware Mode with Landscape or Portrait and it wasn't working. But everything else is working great and it is a wonderful thing! Thanks again!

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I did a fresh wipe (including data) and didn't sign into any services. (including google)

As soon as I signed into google the app began to work.

It appears the HDMI app queries the users google ID and it does something with it. Not sure what/why?

With the google ID entered it doesn't force close.

That is correct, this is from the closed beta days where the license file was tied to the phone account. I will remove that function call for the next open beta releases. Thanks for the tip Myn.

Reactions: nullr

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this man. It's great! I have noticed one problem though, maybe someone can help me out. I put the kernal on and got everything working but tried to get it to play a YouTube video and it was having seizures. I don't know if I need to change the resolution or what, but I'm using Sprint Lover's 2.2 ROM and I kept it on Hardware Mode with Landscape or Portrait and it wasn't working. But everything else is working great and it is a wonderful thing! Thanks again!

This app drives the HDMI signal through the HDMI port. Since YouTube app does the same (youtube app works over HDMI without FullHDMI mirroring) then you will get this massive flicker and conflict over the video memory. This also happens with stock Gallery video player which outputs to HDMI without the app as well.

If you want youtube to work with FullHDMI, you have to use the browser to avoid this behavior. In the future I can make the service "pause" when the user launches a conflicting app, but for now make sure to turn it off if there is another program needing to use the HDMI port.

Reactions: JCrater11#AC

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
@Orrebmas

First off thank for all of your work, everything works great on this app but one thing I did notice was that with this kernel, my camera doesnt work. Im running Myn's rls 5 hardware version 0003 with the newer camera. I am aware that I could only use certain kernels but since this is stock kernel I figured it should work but it might have to do with some of the files that got replaced. Just wanted to inform you just in case you weren't aware of that problem and once again thanks...

1975jamie already pointed this out, I am aware of it and will look into it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol