[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a future option would be to force-bring audio back. Will need a kernel hack for it though, but not a big deal.
The back button was implemented to do what you are asking guys, to quit the app. At first I made it so it would quit the app and the stop the service as well, but while testing it I would start the service and hit the back button to start a game or so instead of the home, and the service would stop. It was a bit annoying so I chose to have you explicitly hit the stop buttong to stop the service. Back button will exit the UI but if the service is running your notification icon will remain there and you get a toast stating that as well.

I you hit stop and the UI reports it stopped, then the service is not running anymore.

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
ive lost all stock functionality on my evo.
when i plug in my hdmi to my plasma it detects an active input but my evo does not detect the hdmi connection, when i play a video on droidtv i get nothing the video plays normally on the phone as if no cable is plugged in. i unplugged and plugged in the cord a few times and got sound once but nothing since.
i force stopped the app,cleared data even uninstalled the app but nothing brings back my stock hdmi functionality.
with the app running i get functionality but it very glitchy especially when trying to view droidtv which uses the stock player.
juts figured id check to see if there are any suggestions before i reload my rom, that should restore the stock kernel too correct?

Yes, if you restore your NAND back-up, it will revert back to whichever kernel you had back when you created the back-up. Your problem seems very strange, though. I have no idea as to the cause.

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I you hit stop and the UI reports it stopped, then the service is not running anymore.

For some reason, it does not always work this way. I can tell you that there are times that the only way I would get my sound back would be to force close the app from the menu settings. I have ensured that I hit "stop service" and I would still get no sound. I have not been able to pin-point what causes this to happen. Going forward, I will try to be more conscious of what could possibly trigger this so I can let you know.

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, it does not always work this way. I can tell you that there are times that the only way I would get my sound back would be to force close the app from the menu settings. I have ensured that I hit "stop service" and I would still get no sound. I have not been able to pin-point what causes this to happen. Going forward, I will try to be more conscious of what could possibly trigger this so I can let you know.
I will do some testing and see if I can pin point the problem. Thanks man.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a future option would be to force-bring audio back...

Something that would be cool, but I don't think is actually possible, would be to have the ability to output from any of the audio sources while the app was running. Not necessarily at the same time, but maybe have an option to choose audio over HDMI, or audio over 3.5mm jack, and if you wanted to get really unique, audio over the phone speaker.

The reason I ask that is because I have been using this on my computer monitor with an HDMI to DVI converter cable. The audio isn't carried over to the monitor in this scenario, but if I had another audio source....

Probably just wishful thinking, but I figured if you were tinkering around with the audio, I would throw my two cents.

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Any testers that were just given the new Netarchy Kernel with the HDMI drivers, I had a word of caution and a tip if you get stuck.

The new kernel is much better than the stock kernel with the HDMI drivers baked in. While I appreciated Sam using the stock kernel, and Artlan packaging it into a .zip, I am an overclocker.

I am loving the new kernel. It works flawlessly with Myns 2.2.

But I used SetCPU from the market, and tried to throttle it all the way up, and my phone immediately rebooted. It looks like SetCPU has some issues with the Netarchy kernel. 1.19ghz seems to be the perfect setting.

If you put it over that, and checked the box that says "set on boot", then your phone is probably stuck in a bootloop. You can get out by booting to recovery, and using the following ADB commands.

I learned this the hard way. The way out of it, without nandroid, is below.

1) boot into recovery

2) adb shell
mount /data
cd /data/data
rm -r com.mhuang.overclock
exit

3) reboot phone

Basically what this does is removes the setCPU settings, so the phone isn't trying to overclock every time it finishes booting.

I hope this helps some of you that just downloaded the new kernel, and hopes all of the future users that will be using overclocking kernels.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Any way we can get the new kernel? im about to flash one of netarchy's other kernel to fix my issue with the stock hdmi but id rather test the one your referring to, is it posted anywhere yet?

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
A more basic way to fix the boot loop from overclocking (been there myself) is to pull the battery, boot into recovery and just wipe Data.

The new kernel is really smooth and my phone loves it so far. It can't be posted in public without source code. Sam has said he will do this when he finds time to open a github account.

Jamie72000

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Sam- total noob here but I've got to say that this has been a project I've been watching since I got an EVO back in July, that, at many times appeared completely dead in the water. I previously had the same TVout2 setup mentioned above and found it super finicky, whether it was due to iPhone Jailbreak instability or the program itself. As such, I've been really hesitant to root my EVO, but I might make an exception if this beta/program gets all the kinks worked out. I haven't seen anywhere that you're currently working on non-rooted phones in all of the 68 pages in another thread or 11 pages here (I know at one point you were), but if something like this made it to non-rooted phones it would be huge. I know you're probably too busy/burnt out from the significant progress you've already made to be taking suggestions, but I wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work. I'll be keeping a close eye on this- that's for certain.

AmphibiousRodent

May 21, 2010
Visit site
A more basic way to fix the boot loop from overclocking (been there myself) is to pull the battery, boot into recovery and just wipe Data.

The new kernel is really smooth and my phone loves it so far. It can't be posted in public without source code. Sam has said he will do this when he finds time to open a github account.

Ahh man what a tease! No disrespect to anyone as I understand its "beta" but the current kernel is horrid :( on my phone at least...to hear the new kernel is smooth is GREAT news! Can't wait! I had to flash my original kernel back because I couldn't deal with HDMI one ;)

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
reflashing the kernel didnt fix it looks like im gonna have to wipe and start fresh.
plus side is damn this kernel is awesome.
why doesnt netarchy post the new kernel on his site? wouldnt that be easiest? that way its where eveyone already goes for his kernels.
sorry dont mean to be a nag just asking.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
ok so i figured it out, turns out that something to do with slayers cyan dragon theme was messing things up. did it three times just to verify everything works great until i install slayers theme and then the stock hdmi goes.
got everything straitened out now.

the new kernel seems to be running very smooth on my evo too, not quite as fast as the kernel i was running but i dont think this one is as aggressive since its a less and i was on a more.
does this kernel have sbc?
testing more now with the new kernel.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between the original hdmi kernel and the new one? Also where and how can I get new kernel?
How is battery life on new kernel?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Please do not post the new kernel on here until orrebmas gets his github set up, AC complies fully with the open source GPL.

Thanks.

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Please do not post the new kernel on here until orrebmas gets his github set up, AC complies fully with the open source GPL.

Thanks.

+1.
The Kernel is not public and distributing it publicly needs to be accompanied with the sources. It already changed a few times and some bugs fixed since the testers got to sample it anyways. It is not ready for public use for many reasons, but once it is I will post it here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance