Sense 2.0 Rom for the Evo

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of any Sense 2.0 based Roms? I have searched and found nothing.:'(

Last edited:

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
mostly from what i can tell by reading is skins and other visuals ..... if you read that above post it will highlight some of the upgrades

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of minor changes all over the place. The email interface is much improved! When you are connected to WiFi at home, if you have any Windows Media Center systems on the network, you can stream audio, video, pics, etc... to your phone. It works quite well. With Myn's ROM you get some incredibly fast performance. Screen transitions are fast and fluid. The music media player has a bunch of enhancements. The camera app has been changed so it's now very easy to switch between camera and video recording. Myn's has 720p working also, but no front facing camera yet. I was also reading in the HDMI mirroring thread that the beta app is working on Myn's Z, so you can get HDMI mirroring working as well. No 4G, yet. All in all it has been pretty impressive. It's really the only Sense based ROM that has my attention these days. CM7+4G was my daily driver but these littel improvements keep pulling me back to it. There are thing in GB that I miss when I'm on a Sense ROM and then there are things from Sense 2.0 that I miss when I'm running CM7. Good thing I can switch back and forth as much as I please... ;-)

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of minor changes all over the place. The email interface is much improved! When you are connected to WiFi at home, if you have any Windows Media Center systems on the network, you can stream audio, video, pics, etc... to your phone. It works quite well. With Myn's ROM you get some incredibly fast performance. Screen transitions are fast and fluid. The music media player has a bunch of enhancements. The camera app has been changed so it's now very easy to switch between camera and video recording. Myn's has 720p working also, but no front facing camera yet. I was also reading in the HDMI mirroring thread that the beta app is working on Myn's Z, so you can get HDMI mirroring working as well. No 4G, yet. All in all it has been pretty impressive. It's really the only Sense based ROM that has my attention these days. CM7+4G was my daily driver but these littel improvements keep pulling me back to it. There are thing in GB that I miss when I'm on a Sense ROM and then there are things from Sense 2.0 that I miss when I'm running CM7. Good thing I can switch back and forth as much as I please... ;-)

Well I am having issues with flashing that ROM, i keep getting an aborted message in clockwork mod, uugghh..then i went back to 2.5 and it wont go into recovery! Is this a sign that I should keep my Kings Ultra Rom?:eek:

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I am having issues with flashing that ROM, i keep getting an aborted message in clockwork mod, uugghh..then i went back to 2.5 and it wont go into recovery! Is this a sign that I should keep my Kings Ultra Rom?:eek:

lol no maybe try another download of warm Z the first time i dl i had an error so redownloaded and it works great.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, ROM Manager will install it for you but will not let you update ROMs while it's installed (free version. Full version may be different but not sure).

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if the full version of RM will allow you to use RA as the Recovery option or not, but for sure not in the free version. My recommendation is to load up RA and flash the ROM form the SD card. ROM manager doesn't really provide you with anything special in this regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC