Just rooted, now what should I do?

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my phone. I used the unrevoked method and it worked well. After about 3 attempts. So far all I've done is added the wireless tether app, and it also is working.

I've been reading different things about getting increased battery life. Is that something I can do with out flashing roms? I'd like to get the sprint/htc bugs off of the phone from the last update they did causing lag. Otherwise I'm happy with the phone. I'm not sure I want to flash roms, I was a nervous nelly just rooting it the simple way.

I'm open to ideas, but I don't want to do anything complicated. It needs to be easy.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way to increase battery life is spring for a 3500mAh battery, I couldn't live without mine now.

That said, flashing ROMs is easy, just make a backup in Recovery (Assuming you have a custom recovery), wipe, and flash zip.

madflasher

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
aside from the extended batt. whenever you feel comfortable with flashing roms there are a few stock looking roms out there with all the bloat removed and increased battery life.

in case you feel the need FreshEvo is good also stock turbo. those are some examples IMHO.

you could use an app like titanium back-up from the market to remove/freeze bloat, but if you haven't used it before it can temporarily get stuck.

feel free to check in the forums...ask questions, theres a lot of people willing to help with flashing ROMS.

hope this helps. feel free to check back for any other questions you may have:cool:

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
custom kernel overclocked with setcpu to 1152mhz on smartass profile and i get great battery life im a super heavy user on a stock battery and I charge my battery 2 times a day.
before the the kernel it was horrible had to pretty much keep it plugged in whenever possible. setcpu took the kernel to a whole new level.
Just make the leap flash a custom rom its a little nerve racking your first time but after that you will be so happy you did. i personally think my phone runs so much smoother and faster on mikfroyo 4.5 than stock its not even funny! dont be afraid to experiment with different roms!

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
custom kernel overclocked with setcpu to 1152mhz on smartass profile and i get great battery life im a super heavy user on a stock battery and I charge my battery 2 times a day.
before the the kernel it was horrible had to pretty much keep it plugged in whenever possible. setcpu took the kernel to a whole new level.
Just make the leap flash a custom rom its a little nerve racking your first time but after that you will be so happy you did. i personally think my phone runs so much smoother and faster on mikfroyo 4.5 than stock its not even funny! dont be afraid to experiment with different roms!

hey man, i'm running Fresh.. is the kernel you're using this one:
netarchy-toastmod-4.2.1-cfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal-signed.zip

and how do u have setcpu set up? i'm looking to clock my cpu differently but i'm not sure how to go about it exactly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude