Best Kernel

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had my (used) EVO for 2 weeks now and love it.

I'm running CM7 nighties and wanted to know if there was a preferred kernel that runs best on this device. I'm using the Savage Beta now trying both BFS and CFS (no I don't get the difference).

One thing I did notice over the weekend is that my EVO has a really hard time keeping a GPS lock constantly dropping GPS while using Google Nav. Is this kernel-related>

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had my (used) EVO for 2 weeks now and love it.

I'm running CM7 nighties and wanted to know if there was a preferred kernel that runs best on this device. I'm using the Savage Beta now trying both BFS and CFS (no I don't get the difference).

One thing I did notice over the weekend is that my EVO has a really hard time keeping a GPS lock constantly dropping GPS while using Google Nav. Is this kernel-related>

As of now I wouldn't say there is a preferred kernel, because it is still getting the bugs out. But as all roms go, there really isn't a preferred kernel because every phone is different. Ask 5 people and more than likely you'll get 5 different kernels.

GPS is a known issue with the nightly and RC builds. Head to http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc.../54633-official-cyanogenmod-7-discussion.html for the GPS fix, plus other questions you might have and info you might haven't discover yet. GPS fix is post all over the site. Page 103 post 1025 is just one of many with it.

PS Should of posted in the root, roms, hacks section. Just a heads up :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech