how long does it take?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it will then flash Clockwork
Nandroid backups everything in your NAND. Apps, settings, texts. Basically just like you have your phone now.
You can install ROMs through Clockwork as well, but doing it through ROM Manager is easier
Yes, it is this easy.

Well I don't need to backup everything I use my back pro for text's,apps,settings. But clockwork will just wipe and restore to the current rom that was backed up but with a clean device right? One last thing I noticed that in the video to access the full list of roms you have to have the paid version. Is it worth it?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It is recommended that you do a Nandroid backup before flashing a ROM. That way of something goes wrong, you can just flash that back.

A program like My Backup Pro would be for restoring apps once you have flashed a new ROM.

They are two different kinds of Backups, you should do both.

You don't have to, it makes the process a lot easier to use ROM Manager to download them. You can download them on a PC, and transfer them over via USB. It will work that way. I just purchased it because I used to flash a lot of ROMs.

Reactions: rem_kujawa

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I can choose any rom zip from lets say xda and move it to the root of the SD and then use Rom manager to install from SD

Thanks I think I have the base of it. Thank you for you time and paticence.

Last edited:

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I want to try any Rom for now, but would like to get rid of the bloat. I read in another forum that you can't do that using unrevoked3. Is that true?

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't really know since I never tried to remove the bloat ware. My phone was stock for 10 minutes tops (Time it took me to drive home with it). If I had to guess, as long as unrevoked is a permanent root then there shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't know what to do though.

I did however find this thread that could help you out. It seems that the only requirement is that you have root access.

Obama

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I want to try any Rom for now, but would like to get rid of the bloat. I read in another forum that you can't do that using unrevoked3. Is that true?

You can. Install Titanium backup and you should be able to remove most of the bloat.

When you're ready, CM7 has some awesome features!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Its now rooted, I just booted into the Clockworkrecover that unrevoked installed and my a backup. Now what? Install Rom Manager and flash?

Last edited:

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Cool, I'm installing CM7 RC4 now, if I don't like this how can I return to stock without root? Can I just follow the sticky at the top?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I had CM7 on for about 15min, its not for me. I think I am going run the RUU. For now, I did learn a lot though and thank you for the help.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
May I recommend Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo. It's a sense based ROM.

WarmTwoPointTwoDisplay.jpg

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I tried the rom you sugested, it was ok but I think I'll just wait for the GB for the EVO. I ran the RUU for 3.70.651.1. It worked great. No the only question I have left is will I have any issues with the OTA comes out?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I was able to run a S-on tool by unrevoked and then just ran the RUU, I should be fully stock and ready for the OTA right?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781